Coolmullis

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
Status
For whom has been to PCOM-ATL?
Please, can a pre-osteopathic medical student tell me about ones experience at the PCOM-ATL during their interview? :cool: I have an interview at this particular school on Feb. 17, 2005. What state-of-the-art technology do they have other than the following:

"STAN, short for Standard Man, is a sophisticated mannequin that breathes, has a heartbeat, pupils that react to light and medication, a pulse that can be felt at five locations and lung sounds. He can even talk. STAN can be programmed to mimic almost any medical situation that might occur and accurately actually mirrors human responses to such procedures as CPR, intravenous medication, intubation and catheterization" (PCOM web site).

Also, they have wireless Internet. Even Pikeville has the wireless Internet service...

:idea:

Weider

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2005
Status
I was there earlier today . . and the building is still under construction. They did explain, however, that the library was going to have all the books on the internet, and any latest editions will be put online as well. There will be a small gym on the campus, and they were saying something about having the lectures available in mp3 format. That would be a definate plus. I was very impressed with eveything that will be available in the new campus.

BMW19

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2002
Da South
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Check out the GA-PCOM thread in the osteopathic forum. Their have been extensive posts in there that may help.

BMW-

Coolmullis said:
For whom has been to PCOM-ATL?
Please, can a pre-osteopathic medical student tell me about ones experience at the PCOM-ATL during their interview? :cool: I have an interview at this particular school on Feb. 17, 2005. What state-of-the-art technology do they have other than the following:

"STAN, short for Standard Man, is a sophisticated mannequin that breathes, has a heartbeat, pupils that react to light and medication, a pulse that can be felt at five locations and lung sounds. He can even talk. STAN can be programmed to mimic almost any medical situation that might occur and accurately actually mirrors human responses to such procedures as CPR, intravenous medication, intubation and catheterization" (PCOM web site).

Also, they have wireless Internet. Even Pikeville has the wireless Internet service...

:idea: