For WSU Boonshoft acceptees...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Divine Furor

Academician
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...has anyone gotten any information other than the letter of acceptance and a brief sketch outline of the convocation date? I've been committed for over a month and haven't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad.

...has anyone gotten any information other than the letter of acceptance and a brief sketch outline of the convocation date? I've been committed for over a month and haven't heard anything.

there is another forum started for WSU acceptances, interviews, etc...
I had an interview 1/10...but im still waitin on any information...so, im supposed to find out in this next week...but i dunno, we will see

good luck to you!

Have you been receiving the online mini-magazines? I think they are on the third issue now. Outside of that I haven't received anything either, are any of you planning on buying a mac for school? Or, do you already own one? How do you like it?

Members don't see this ad :)
there is another forum started for WSU acceptances, interviews, etc...
I had an interview 1/10...but im still waitin on any information...so, im supposed to find out in this next week...but i dunno, we will see

good luck to you!

They take FOREVER. I interviewed October 31, and recieved my acceptance letter on Jan 13! (although it was dated December 17th ... weird...). I literally checked the mail everyday for 7 weeks expecting to see a letter from them.

Buckeye.

Have you been receiving the online mini-magazines? I think they are on the third issue now. Outside of that I haven't received anything either, are any of you planning on buying a mac for school? Or, do you already own one? How do you like it?

Yeah, I have those mini-magazines...cute reading but not terribly substantial. I am buying a Mac as soon as I save a little more money, and I get more info from WSU so I can apply for Apple's Juniper card...pay it off in smaller chunks than normal CC interest. I want a Mac Book Pro, though....might as well be top of the line if we're going to go there at all...y'know? What about you?

I'm looking at Mac's right now. I was thinking about the MacBook, but you make a good point, why not shell out a little more for the best. I was really hoping for a larger academic discount from apple, that was a little disappointing.

Just curious, what made you look at WSU? I think I saw you were from Jersey.

I'm looking at Mac's right now. I was thinking about the MacBook, but you make a good point, why not shell out a little more for the best. I was really hoping for a larger academic discount from apple, that was a little disappointing.

Just curious, what made you look at WSU? I think I saw you were from Jersey.

Well I spent about 9 years in and around Dayton...started HS in Centerville, OH...and my brother lives out there, so it felt natural to apply. Plus, when I visited, I fell in love with the atmosphere and the facilities. I like the "newness" feeling, plus that 8 million whatever research grant can only mean more good things. What about you? Why WSU?

Yeah, the apple "savings" are bogus...apart from the credit card offer.

Buckeye, I feel your pain. I interviewed October 25th and found out January 5th. Waiting anxiously every single day got old after a little while. Oh well, we got in.

Has anyone heard when we start? My acceptance letter said the white coat ceremony is in August, but their website says it's the last Sunday in July? I know it's not a huge difference, but I'm trying to plan some stuff for this summer.

Well I spent about 9 years in and around Dayton...started HS in Centerville, OH...and my brother lives out there, so it felt natural to apply. Plus, when I visited, I fell in love with the atmosphere and the facilities. I like the "newness" feeling, plus that 8 million whatever research grant can only mean more good things. What about you? Why WSU?

Yeah, the apple "savings" are bogus...apart from the credit card offer.

Well, I had a friend that worked with me at the OSUMC, she went there and raved about it. To be honest, I really didn't know much about the school until my interview, and like you I was blown away. The facilities are incredible, the money is starting to come in, and the match list that looks better and better every year.

Also, I have attended two large universities (OSU and Purdue), and I am tired of being a number. It sounds corny but it's nice when the faculty remembers your name. Combine my great experience at WSU's interview with schools like Cincy, OSU, MUO, and Jefferson where I was just not impressed and voila, WSU it is.

Has anyone heard when we start? My acceptance letter said the white coat ceremony is in August, but their website says it's the last Sunday in July? I know it's not a huge difference, but I'm trying to plan some stuff for this summer.

one of their packet/papers sent out mentioned that white coat ceremony/orientation is 7/30-8/3...and then class starts the following week.

one of their packet/papers sent out mentioned that white coat ceremony/orientation is 7/30-8/3...and then class starts the following week.

Sendwich, what packet of papers? I called the office of admissions this morning and got access to the welcome site...but otherwise I've heard nada in the mail from WSU. The convocation date, though, is confirmed. Last Sunday in July. There's a link off the welcome page, and the office said that's the one their going with.

Is anyone seriously going to send a chest xray and urinalysis with their physical? I find that request to be a little hilarious.

Sendwich, what packet of papers? I called the office of admissions this morning and got access to the welcome site...but otherwise I've heard nada in the mail from WSU. The convocation date, though, is confirmed. Last Sunday in July. There's a link off the welcome page, and the office said that's the one their going with.

Is anyone seriously going to send a chest xray and urinalysis with their physical? I find that request to be a little hilarious.

sorry, to clarify, the info was in the admissions packet (which took 3 weeks to get here!!) why it took so long, i will never know :confused:

Hey cool....my mom was stationed at Wright-Pat, we lived in Washington Twp...you know, I haven't been down there in almost 11 years. But I remember kind of loving it....finding it easy and woodsy and pleasantly like my old home in NY.

your mom was stationed at wright-patt aF base? I was looking at going into the AF for med school....are you? or are you leavin it alone? jw

your mom was stationed at wright-patt aF base? I was looking at going into the AF for med school....are you? or are you leavin it alone? jw

Oh no no no no no no can I stress enough HELL NO. The US military does offer an incredible deal for supporting medical students for a service return...and that may be great for some people....but I would never consider it. I'm antipathic to the military, it doesn't mesh well with my personality or lifestyle, and furthermore, the additional commitment in my mind is not worth the risk. Even if we x-ed out all of my emotional considerations, I don't plan on being a career officer...which given the length of the service contract, is a reasonable consideration for anyone who decides to let the military pay for their medical school.

Oh no no no no no no can I stress enough HELL NO. The US military does offer an incredible deal for supporting medical students for a service return...and that may be great for some people....but I would never consider it. I'm antipathic to the military, it doesn't mesh well with my personality or lifestyle, and furthermore, the additional commitment in my mind is not worth the risk. Even if we x-ed out all of my emotional considerations, I don't plan on being a career officer...which given the length of the service contract, is a reasonable consideration for anyone who decides to let the military pay for their medical school.

hahaha alright, sorry to bring that up. :laugh: