For you gross anatomy people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ashley1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
So I was working on the cadavers last night and I let some friends use my book. This morning as I pulled out my atlas the entire bottom section was stained a disgusting bright yellow and red. It was in my backpack and got in contact with my iPhone charger and stained that as well. It also stained my hands and nails and although I've scrubbed like crazy it's not coming off of anything. Does formaldehyde stain like this? Maybe some kind of cadaver fluid? I asked my professor and she didn't know. I'm just concerned its something unsanitary or disgusting! So to my people who have experience with cadavers... Any ideas on what this is or how to get rid of it?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone
So I was working on the cadavers last night and I let some friends use my book. This morning as I pulled out my atlas the entire bottom section was stained a disgusting bright yellow and red. It was in my backpack and got in contact with my iPhone charger and stained that as well. It also stained my hands and nails and although I've scrubbed like crazy it's not coming off of anything. Does formaldehyde stain like this? Maybe some kind of cadaver fluid? I asked my professor and she didn't know. I'm just concerned its something unsanitary or disgusting! So to my people who have experience with cadavers... Any ideas on what this is or how to get rid of it?
Thanks!

I'm having a little trouble comprehending the situation... Was the book in your backpack or was the cadaver in your backpack?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm having a little trouble comprehending the situation... Was the book in your backpack or was the cadaver in your backpack?

The book was with the cadaver. Then I let my friends use it and threw it in my backpack without a second glance at the end of the night. We end really late and by that time I'm tired and just toss my things into my bag. Now I have realized that the bottom was disgusting and now my backpack, hands, charger, etc etc are all stained a bright yellow and re with this mystery substance

Members don't see this ad :)
The colors are prob from ink washing out from the book after coming in contact with the chemical preservatives in the cadaver.

The yellow stains are also likely from the book coming in contact with melted adipose tissue.

The good news is that except for looking dirty and smelling nasty, your book is now disinfected and is prob cleaner than it was before.

Reactions: 1 user
The colors are prob from ink washing out from the book after coming in contact with the chemical preservatives in the cadaver.

The yellow stains are also likely from the book coming in contact with melted adipose tissue.

The good news is that except for looking dirty and smelling nasty, your book is now disinfected and is prob cleaner than it was before.

agree with this
if it happened to me, i'd throw everything out
not cool with the idea of having that all over my stuff