Forced to get vaccinated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mrsmojorisin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have to legally?

Members don't see this ad.

It may be worth a shot to discuss whatever issues you have with your school. However, from my experience, it's a hard thing to get past. Clinical sites require employees, interns, volunteers, etc to get their flu shots both for their safety and the patients. If you're going to be working with immuno-compromised patients, it's very important that you aren't going to be infecting them with the flu during your time working there. All of my clinical sites have required me to submit written proof that I've received my flu shot for the year before allowing me to work.

It may be worth a shot to discuss whatever issues you have with your school. However, from my experience, it's a hard thing to get past. Clinical sites require employees, interns, volunteers, etc to get their flu shots both for their safety and the patients. If you're going to be working with immuno-compromised patients, it's very important that you aren't going to be infecting them with the flu during your time working there. All of my clinical sites have required me to submit written proof that I've received my flu shot for the year before allowing me to work.

If you meant to do this, kudos. :)

My parents were somewhat anti vaccination when I was born, so I had to get some shots before I could start school. I was ok with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh. Read this. If you're going to go into a science based profession, perhaps a look at the scientific fallacies that the anti-vaccine crowd uses to perpetuate their misguided position may be in order.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/what-does-anti-vaccine-really-mean/

My personal opinion? If you don't want to get vaccinated, don't. But you need to sign an agreement that if you contract one the these diseases that could have been prevented by vaccination, we get to lock you away in an isolation chamber until said disease takes its course.

My personal opinion? If you don't want to get vaccinated, don't. But you need to sign an agreement that if you contract one the these diseases that could have been prevented by vaccination, we get to lock you away in an isolation chamber until said disease takes its course.

I've always been the same way, just not in an isolation chamber. If I were the insurance company I would offer every one of my clients the shot free of charge. All those who refused, get the flu, and need hospital care would be on their own dime. Those who got the shot and still got the flu would have normal benefits, as the shot is 60-80 percent effective.
Me? I always get the shot. It takes 1/2 a second. People get freaked out about that cheerleader who supposedly had a crazy condition after taking it, and that turned out to be a scam.