forced to leave 2 hours early for the mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaml20

VA doc
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
because I have to drive an hour and forty minutes to the testing center and
its going to suck. anyone else?

testing center : Albany ny (closest one)
live an hour away from poughkeepsie ny

Members don't see this ad.

kaml20 said:
because I have to drive an hour and forty minutes to the testing center and
its going to suck. anyone else?

testing center : Albany ny (closest one)
live an hour away from poughkeepsie ny

My testing center is 1hr away. So im renting a hotel nearby, mainly to avoid possible traffic congestion...better safe than sorry.

I second finding a hotel nearby. You can avoid traffic and god forbid there's a big accident on your route. You want to arrive at the test cool, calm, and collected.

I got a hotel as my testing center was about an hour away.... has a Golden griddle on site for some good test breakfast and takes the worry out of waking up too early or traffic....

Members don't see this ad :)
My testing site is about an hour away via public transportation so I'll be leaving my house around 6:30am in order to make sure I get there by the required 8am (why must be be there an entire hour early???) There's no hotel right near the test site, but I'd rather hang out at home that night anyway - one less sleeping problem to deal with!

i recommend hotel rooms too

last yr, i had to drive 1.5 hrs to the test center
we had a huge rain the night b4 (record-breaking one) and they didn't open up the highway on time (we had constructions at night so they closed down 3/4 lanes)
i was 30min late for the aug test.........
so i had to take the apr2006....

I think I have you all beat. I have to take a 4 hour flight to get the testing center! I live in the middle of nowhere apparently, and we're not important enough to have a testing site in my town. Whatever, So yeah. I leave Thursday so I get there that night, and have all day Friday to hang out and sightsee in Melbourne. Yay. I've put way too much $$$ on this thing.