foreign dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drkooks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
any foreign dentist applying to advanced standing programs in California
USC,UCLA,LomaLInda,UCSF,UOP...or any other schools that opened its applications for next cycle like UIC
please post GPA
part 1 scores
part 2 scores
clinical experience

so we know where we stand and what are our chances of acceptance among all candidates
please share it will help all of us

mine are 3.88 GPA
90 part 1
1yr of dental assistant work
which i won't be the only one giving my inputs!
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
my stats: part-1-91
part-2-not taken
toefl-113
GPA-3.58
experience in US:none,just observership
fresh applicant, n fresh graduate

about california clinical exam ..i do not have any info about it

dr.manglore congrats on ur scores .
where are u planning to apply and which school did u go for observership and for how long ?

please other candidates applying for this cycle post your status ...this will help all of us
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
part 1-87
ece gpa-2.5
not tried WES..will get it done soon
toefl-107
part 2- not given..
am in he process of applying yet...

I want to apply to UCLA, USC but my scores are lower than your's guys :(
Do you guys know how many students are being selected every year in this program ??? I really need to know this, Plz if somebody knows let me know...

yeah i am in
part 1 score- 90
gpa 2.72 ece
toefl 95
and some observation

come on guys ..keep this thread alive ..
the competition is high for foreign trained dentist ...
again...we should know where we stand

hi..
my scores are..87/110/2.5..

and i have 6 years of clinical experience in home country..none in the usa...
im looking for a job..but not getting one..
vl be applying to california schools, chicago and later to other east coast schools..
please post which schools you are interested in or are applying to...or may be some have already applied..
thanks..

can u please specify what observational experience that have ...
like in a clinic in the united states ...or schools

and what do u think will be a good point to enhance our applications ??

can u please specify what observational experience that have ...
like in a clinic in the united states ...or schools

and what do u think will be a good point to enhance our applications ??

i believe that application cycle is just started, so we should see each other when we will start receiving an interview call, tilll then we need to apply by ourselves. so let people apply by themselves as everyone should try to make application more attractive. there is no point to discuss how to enhance our application, i dont think anyone will reply to that kind of thread.

hi, observership in a dental clinic, that too only now n then, i mean am changing towns so will be regular in the new place.
till now i have applied to upenn, filling out umn, will be applying to BU, and 1/2 california schools
the problem is that i dont have any professional dental ex, since i came here immediately after my internship(within 2 weeks),and i have heard that california school require a good deal of ex. So am kind of not counting on them even though i'll apply
about california clinical exam ..i do not have any info about it

dr.manglore congrats on ur scores .
where are u planning to apply and which school did u go for observership and for how long ?

please other candidates applying for this cycle post your status ...this will help all of us
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe that application cycle is just started, so we should see each other when we will start receiving an interview call, tilll then we need to apply by ourselves. so let people apply by themselves as everyone should try to make application more attractive. there is no point to discuss how to enhance our application, i dont think anyone will reply to that kind of thread.
hi asdf84...
it is an open thread...and if people want to discuss how to enhance their application and if it is helpful..it is fine..you can opt out of it...discussing always helps...and this forum is meant for it..
rest is ur wish..but do not tell others whether they should or should not discuss a topic...

hi asdf84...
it is an open thread...and if people want to discuss how to enhance their application and if it is helpful..it is fine..you can opt out of it...discussing always helps...and this forum is meant for it..
rest is ur wish..but do not tell others whether they should or should not discuss a topic...

i agree with you, but i wouldnt mean wht u understood. well, if u will think deep into my point then u will certainly get wht i mean by saying that.
i do understand that it will definately help those who are seeking for sincere advise after scoring less or having kind of average resumeincluding me. well, i was critisizing on others rather. hope u understand wht i mean.
so kindly not misunderstand me.

still the thread is open for sharing scores and ideas ...our goal is to get into school...i think we can always help each other ...or may be someone who got accepted has an idea that can help us all...
i do not ask in a private message to get the benefit for me ..but as an open thread so we can all benefit ..
anyway good luck to u and wish we can see each others in an interview :)

please do not let this thread die
we are waiting for u saravan ...and for every foriegn trained dentist who took the exam recently...and is applying for this cycle ..come on guys ...it won't hurt u if u share ur status..
thanks again

please do not let this thread die
we are waiting for u saravan ...and for every foriegn trained dentist who took the exam recently...and is applying for this cycle ..come on guys ...it won't hurt u if u share ur status..
thanks again

Hi All

My stats
Part I 88
GPA 4
EXP 4 yrs which includes 3 yrs of masters in oral path in India
TOEFL not yet taken.

hi..kep this thread going..for the application cycle of 2009 and scores of new nbde part1 pattern..

i thought of applying, but they incresed their appln fee from 125 to 250 $.......:eek::smuggrin:

Hi
My stats are
NbdeI - 87
NbdeII - Not taken
TOEFL - 101
ECE GPA - 2.4

I want to apply to UCLA and My writing section in TOEFL is 21. So do i need to retake TOEFL?

subh, call UCLA and ask them. I had the same dilemma....UCLA requires a minimum of 25 in writing section, and mine is 24...but they said that its OK eve if its 1-2 pts below as long as other sections are OK (mine are all above min in all others). since they said 1-2 points below, i dont know about your situation. but call them. dont just go around and take it again because you never know what is going to happen. good luck!

IndianGraduate, thanks for reply. I called them, they asked me to retake it as the deference is more than 3 points.

part I - 86
part II - not taken
toefl - 111
ECE - 3.94

please continue people so dat we know where we stand

in your opinion how important is the GPA ? im affraid mine wont br around the 4.0..how do they mesure it? some UNIVERSITES are not at the same level..so how do they standerdize the marks? do u think it has the same weight as nbde 1 score? related to AP programme for foreign dentists

Let Us Keep This Thread Alive ...
Any News From Any School ???
Any New Applicants ???
What Is The Highest Score That U Have Heard Of ??? I Have Seen One With 92 And Heard About 2 With 94 .....

Good Luck To All Of You

NBDE 1 - 88
ECE - 3.78
TOEFL- 105
Currently doing MPH GPA 3.65
Research assistant 1 yr
Observership 6 months and continuing
Experience back home 1 yr

What is the chance for a foreing dentist to advance in Postgraduation studies in a university in USA after passing all NBDE exames?
and Is he allowed to work as adentist after the licence and during that postgraduation studies?
Thanks

i appeared in my nb part1 in june
part 1 score - 91
gpa - 3.68
toefl - 113

1 yr work experience in india
worked as research assistant...
2 national and international presentations
1 international publication
us experience - observership

can anybody tel what chance do i have for dds in the top univs like ucla ucsf upenn

I am very happy to post here and share my experience with all of you. I had taken the 'bench course' offerred by UCLA before applying to all the california dental schools. This course has helped me get into the university of my choice. This course is tailored to excel in the california licensure exam, but since there is so much competition and such few seats for international dentists, I think it is the best thing I did by attending it. :)

Hi,
So finally which college did you get into? I am trying for UCSF. Do you know how to prepare for their practical/ interview exams.

hi
any foreign dentist applying to advanced standing programs in California
USC,UCLA,LomaLInda,UCSF,UOP...or any other schools that opened its applications for next cycle like UIC
please post GPA
part 1 scores
part 2 scores
clinical experience

so we know where we stand and what are our chances of acceptance among all candidates
please share it will help all of us

mine are 3.88 GPA
90 part 1
1yr of dental assistant work
which i won't be the only one giving my inputs!
thanks

Hi,
So finally which college did you get into? I am trying for UCSF. Do you know how to prepare for their practical/ interview exams.