AYV

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
After my completing my undergrad, I plan to go to England for graduate school. I am looking in to LSE and Cambridge.

So I have a few questions.

1- How do schools abroad such as LSE/Cambridge award grades? ie- do they have a gpa system that would be factored in by med schools when I apply in the future?

2-Should you get a masters or something else, does that gpa factor in to your cumulative gpa looked at by med schools. This is something I'm still unclear about.

3-I'm really attracted by several schools' masters programs both abroad and in the states. Ideally, I would love to go to 4 schools that offer 1 year degrees. Would you advise this? Or should I just look in to a phd program that would go more in depth?

Thanks

OP
A

AYV

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Still looking for answers to this one.

jsparrow

10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Why not simply try and take undergrad classes to improve your gpa?

Schemp

drawing infinity
10+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2008
Seattle
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you planning on becoming a doctor? If so, why are you worrying about doing graduate school in the first place? If not, why are you here? :p

OP
A

AYV

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes I want to go to med school but i would want to get something a degree relating to international education/ health and maybe a mba. i really want to go in to the government.

Schemp

drawing infinity
10+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2008
Seattle
Status
Pre-Medical
I see. Isn't an MD/PHD program better suited for that? I'm not really knowledgeable about them since I'm not really into research and stuff, but have you looked at those?