Foreign Master's Degrees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lebron1989

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After my completing my undergrad, I plan to go to England for graduate school. I am looking in to LSE and Cambridge.

So I have a few questions.

1- How do schools abroad such as LSE/Cambridge award grades? ie- do they have a gpa system that would be factored in by med schools when I apply in the future?

2-Should you get a masters or something else, does that gpa factor in to your cumulative gpa looked at by med schools. This is something I'm still unclear about.

3-I'm really attracted by several schools' masters programs both abroad and in the states. Ideally, I would love to go to 4 schools that offer 1 year degrees. Would you advise this? Or should I just look in to a phd program that would go more in depth?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why not simply try and take undergrad classes to improve your gpa?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you planning on becoming a doctor? If so, why are you worrying about doing graduate school in the first place? If not, why are you here? :p

Yes I want to go to med school but i would want to get something a degree relating to international education/ health and maybe a mba. i really want to go in to the government.

I see. Isn't an MD/PHD program better suited for that? I'm not really knowledgeable about them since I'm not really into research and stuff, but have you looked at those?