Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Foreign Master's Degrees

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by AYV, May 10, 2008.

1. AYV

AYV
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    After my completing my undergrad, I plan to go to England for graduate school. I am looking in to LSE and Cambridge.

So I have a few questions.

1- How do schools abroad such as LSE/Cambridge award grades? ie- do they have a gpa system that would be factored in by med schools when I apply in the future?

2-Should you get a masters or something else, does that gpa factor in to your cumulative gpa looked at by med schools. This is something I'm still unclear about.

3-I'm really attracted by several schools' masters programs both abroad and in the states. Ideally, I would love to go to 4 schools that offer 1 year degrees. Would you advise this? Or should I just look in to a phd program that would go more in depth?

Thanks

2. AYV

AYV
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Still looking for answers to this one.

3. jsparrow

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Why not simply try and take undergrad classes to improve your gpa?

4. Schemp

Schemp drawing infinity
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Are you planning on becoming a doctor? If so, why are you worrying about doing graduate school in the first place? If not, why are you here? :p

5. AYV

AYV
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yes I want to go to med school but i would want to get something a degree relating to international education/ health and maybe a mba. i really want to go in to the government.

6. Schemp

Schemp drawing infinity
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I see. Isn't an MD/PHD program better suited for that? I'm not really knowledgeable about them since I'm not really into research and stuff, but have you looked at those?