Foreign Med Student Elective to New Delhi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASethi

Seth
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wish to do a 2 month clinical medical elective in New Delhi, . I would be very grateful to know which would be a good teaching hospital to spend my two months. I know AIIMs is out of my league, but I am looking for a hospital where I can learn things.
As for accomadation, would there be spaces in the medical hostels?

Members don't see this ad.

isn't there an Apollo Hospital in Delhi?? in sarita vihar...
That's a good one.... AIIMS is the best though
As for living...Indian dorms/hostels are nothing like UK ones....I'd look for for an apartment/flat ....though delhi is crowded and not cheap!!.... and the cheap places u wouldn't want to live in .... I guess I'm not very helpful :( ...sorry :)

If u really really believe that indian med schools r so much better than the UK med schools...what the hell r u doing in UK???
And believe me,u wont be able to stay in an university hostels...no matter how smart r u????

ASethi said:
Hello. My name is Amrit Sethi. I am a fourth yr clinical student from London. I wish to do a 2 month clinical medical elective in New Delhi, where my cousin lives next autumn(2006). I would be very grateful to know which would be a good teaching hospital to spend my two months. I know AIIMs is out of my league, but I am looking for a hospital where I can learn things.
As for accomadation, would there be spaces in the medical hostels?
Thank you.

Amrit Sethi

PS- Having visted med students in India two years ago,speaking as a UK med student, Indian Med students are much more better.
U can try u r luck at MAMC or UCMS both are good