Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

foreign medical school

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ojey, Sep 25, 2000.

1. ojey

ojey Junior Member

I need advise here.

I took the Mcats 4x already and have failed to gain admission into US medical schools. I am at a point of considering FMG. Is there any risks involved.? Will I be able to practice in the US? I heared it it's getting competitive applying for residencies as a FMG.
    ANY SENSE OF DIRECTION WILL BE HUMBLY APPRECIATED THANKS

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. galadriel

galadriel Member
    10+ Year Member

I am a retired prof biol/premed advisor. The MCAT is more a test of test-taking skill than of knowledge. What you have to do is develop test-taking skills. Nobody says you are dumb. If you go to a foreign med school you may earn the MD, but then in order to parctice medicine in the US you must pass 3 parts of the ECFMG, + a practical exam, in order to get a license anywhere in the US. If you have not improved your test-taking skill by the, you will be at the end of the road after having spent 4 or more years of a medical education. I suggest that you find out how to improve those skills; start with your own college and ask for help. To apply after another shot at it, by that time you will probably need also to have more recent college grades in the sciences. If you want more help, email me: [email protected]

------------------

4. galadriel

galadriel Member
    10+ Year Member

Sorry, ojey. I am getting soft in the brain. The message I posted was intended for WonderCole!