Foreign Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jahan22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an undergrad. getting ready to apply to medical school. I am not trying to make a political statement here so I hope no one takes this personally or attempts to attack me because that is not my intention. I am sincerely dimayed with the leadership in America and where I feel it may be taking us. I have given serious thought to applying to a foreign medical school and possibly returning or possibly not. Where (other than Canada, Carribean, or Great Britain) might be a good place to start looking?

Members don't see this ad.

Ireland?
Australia?
New Zealand?

Australia is an amazing country - maybe you could find something that would make you happy Down Under. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
jahan22 said:
I am an undergrad. getting ready to apply to medical school. I am not trying to make a political statement here so I hope no one takes this personally or attempts to attack me because that is not my intention. I am sincerely dimayed with the leadership in America and where I feel it may be taking us. I have given serious thought to applying to a foreign medical school and possibly returning or possibly not. Where (other than Canada, Carribean, or Great Britain) might be a good place to start looking?

Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara in Mexico. Mexico is an awesome place.

What languages are you fluent in? That will limit your choices a bit.
Also, if you really want to avoid a political discussion, you wouldn't have to mention *why* you are interested in foreign schools.

jahan22 said:

you're assuming you can gain residency (not the training, the legal thing) wherever you go. thats one big assumption.

you're also assuming you'll like it more where you go, something hard to guess unless you've been both places for a long time.

Actually I have been playing with the idea in my mind too.

Does anybody have info/links on:

requeriments/deadlines
cost
length of programs
quality

I am not certain where would be good, but I guess any English, Spanish or German speaking country will be good enough for me...