• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

foreign medical students

njinga413

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
    Hey, guys i needed some advice. I am applying to med schools this year and i did my undergrad at umass, so wats bothering me now is the whole visa situation. I was wondering if there were any resources / information for foreign students who have received their MD's from U.S. medical schools (or currently enrolled). If i got into medical school right now, i know ill have the F1 visa to continue the studies bt wat happens for residencies? is it easy to get the H1-B visa? I am just bummed out by the whole immigration process or is there no struggle in getting residencies and having visas especially since u are a local med grad? any info will be appreciated! thanks.

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.