Foreign Pharmacist New to USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimit99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 4-year Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from Bombay, India. I completed this degree in year 2002. I moved to the USA (Kansas) a couple of months back.

To my knowledge, I am eligible to take up the licensure and certification examinations.

I would really appreciate if someone can please help in the following aspects:
1) What exams do I need to take before I can practise pharmacy
2) What is a good source to get study material in order to prepare for these examinations.

Best Regards and Thanks in Advance,
J99

Members don't see this ad.

You should go to the Kansas Board of Pharmacy website. Normally, you will first have to pass the TOEFL and FPGEE exams. TOEFL is English competency exam and FPGEE is the foreign pharmacist graduate equivalency exam. You'll have to submit some information to NABP to be able to take FPGEE. FPGEE is only offered a few times a year at three locations.
Once you pass those, than you will intern for a certain amount of hours. Then, you'll take the standard licensing exams for American pharmacists: NAPLEX and MPJE.
You are lucky. For you have graduated just one year later, you would not be elgible.

Thanks Genesis09,

Can you please recommend some good reference material for me to study for FPGEE.

Also, what is the best way of procuring internship?

Thanks,
J99

You should go to the Kansas Board of Pharmacy website. Normally, you will first have to pass the TOEFL and FPGEE exams. TOEFL is English competency exam and FPGEE is the foreign pharmacist graduate equivalency exam. You'll have to submit some information to NABP to be able to take FPGEE. FPGEE is only offered a few times a year at three locations.
Once you pass those, than you will intern for a certain amount of hours. Then, you'll take the standard licensing exams for American pharmacists: NAPLEX and MPJE.
You are lucky. For you have graduated just one year later, you would not be elgible.