Foreign RN to US med school admission, please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

empress_Rn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i am a graduate of Bachelors of Science in Nursing in the Philippines and would want to continue my medical education here in USA. I am a citizen and currently working as a nurse now. i am curious if its better for me to take post bacc program or i have to go back to get bachelors here? i have been contemplating about my chances of getting into med school. i hope somebody can enlighten me.

Members don't see this ad.

hi, i am a graduate of Bachelors of Science in Nursing in the Philippines and would want to continue my medical education here in USA. I am a citizen and currently working as a nurse now. i am curious if its better for me to take post bacc program or i have to go back to get bachelors here? i have been contemplating about my chances of getting into med school. i hope somebody can enlighten me.
If you take over 30 credits here and you have a company that evaluate your foreign transcript and confer you a BS degree, you might not need to get another bachelor degree... However, I think some MD schools will have issues with that, but some DO school will be ok with it. If you are open to DO, a postbacc will suffice...