Foreign student in the Middle East: best option between RCSI, Weill Cornell Qatar and colleges in India (highly competitive relatively)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RCSI, Cornell (SAT), or NEET

• RCSI Bahrain

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Weill Cornell Qatar

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • NEET colleges in India

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ms20

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to SDN, so pardon me if I’m posting in the wrong forum.
I am student looking for a pathway to doing residency (and finally practicing medicine) in a primarily English speaking country (UK, US, Canada, Aus) (English is the only language in which I have a degree of fluency in).

I am awaiting the results for 12th grade (CBSE).

Due to the pandemic, I did not write 2 of my exams, they have cancelled entirely. Specifically Bio & Math.

So for the question: I would like to know the best option for me available in the Middle East.
So far I know about RCSI Bahrain and Weill Cornell Qatar.

Which one of these colleges have better programs?
How well do they prepare you for the USMLE?
Are there any students from the said colleges in this forum that I could talk to?
Is spending my time preparing for the SATs and applying to Cornell worth it?
(This would take away time and I won’t be preparing for NEET)

RCSI does not require any exams which seems quite odd to me.

Applying to WCMQ is a much harder process as I have to take the SATs (both 1 & 2) for their 6 year program. Their fact sheet states the average Math score in the standard SAT to be around 760 which I believe is pretty high but maybe possible. But the main issue I face with applying here is that I have absolutely no ECs that stand out which I feel is a HUGE problem. (How do I work on this?)

Last option for me would be studying in India which I don’t is a fit for me.

Thank you SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

RCSI follows Irish Medical Schools' admittance of international students to medicine, where no exams are required and only final A-Level etc. results are enough. However, for Irish and EU Students an exam called the HPAT (similar to UCAT) is needed. Moreover, education of RCSI is of world-class. I'd suggest going for RCSI if you can afford the hefty fees.