Foreign trained dentist for endo residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdentist90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m a foreign trained dentist completing my Dmd. Chances of getting into endo residency right after graduation? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a foreign trained dentist completing my Dmd. Chances of getting into endo residency right after graduation? Thoughts?

Many residencies publish their resident’s names. Some even publish bios. Research the programs you are thinking about applying to and look up each resident. You can use wayback machine to look up past classes if the URL has not changed.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait, are you getting your DMD from an American school?

Big Hoss
Yea, I think this is the case. I know one that got in right away. It’s definitely possible. Like AllDAT said, research some schools and see which programs have experience with it. Those will be your best bet.

Here is hope. One of my friends who is graduating this year as IDP successfully matched to an Endo program. Just do the best as you can.

Here is hope. One of my friends who is graduating this year as IDP successfully matched to an Endo program. Just do the best as you can.
Thanks! Don't know if this too much to ask but is there a way i can connect with your friend. I would love to get some insight from someone who's been in my shoes