Foreigners anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColinHay

Its A Mistake
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious how many foreigners are hanging out here .
Where are they from and which schools they go to.
A sort of demographic survey.

Members don't see this ad.

Born and raised in the Philippines! Spent 3 years at the University of the Philippines in Manila, then my family immigrated (i hope I used the word correctly) to the United States. Been in Chicago for 5 years. I LOVE Chicago :love:
Finished my undergrad degree here in Chicago too.

Members don't see this ad :)
zahque said:
my family lived in (and i was conceived in) the capital city of ivory coast, abidjan. a few more weeks and i would have been an african-american!
try to claim that in certain cities... u might experience what the ER is like :D I'm assume that's you in your avatar

ColinHay said:
Just curious how many foreigners are hanging out here .
Where are they from and which schools they go to.
A sort of demographic survey.
Born in Siberia, raised in Gomel (Republic of Belarus, former USSR) until I was 17yo, then moved to LA for college, now at Johns Hopkins SOM.

Bubchik said:
Born in Siberia, raised in Gomel (Republic of Belarus, former USSR) until I was 17yo, then moved to LA for college, now at Johns Hopkins SOM.
From Kenya. Moved here when I was 12. Now in medschool in Texas.

Bubchik said:

Born and raised in Kiev, Ukraine(former USSR). Moved here when I was 26 y.o. Now at OHSU, Portland, Oregon.

VitaMedicus said:
Either I or most of the people who replied here understood the original question wrong (did he not ask about people who live and study outside US?). Well, here goes:

I live in Finland, and study in the faculty of medicine in university of Oulu. It is located a little above 65 degrees northern altitude, so it must be one of the northernmost medical schools in the world.

No - Most people got it right. My original question was about people new to the US but your answer is good too. thanks for playing.