Forensic Programs? PsyD Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coloradocutter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two different questions can anyone recommend any good forensic programs? Ph.D. or PsyD. Also, any PsyD programs (other than Baylor, Rutgers, and Virginia Consortium) which I know are solid programs?

Members don't see this ad.

For forensic programs...

UBC, USask in Canada

U Alabama, U Oregon, U Minnesota Twin Cities, U Nebraska, U Arizona. Of course it depends on what KIND of forensic psych you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
widener university is very solid and offers a forensic concentration

division 41 and the psych and law link on abfp list grad programs with forensic tracks.

Sam Houston State is a clinical program that is heavily forensic. It's in Huntsville, TX which is home to the state prison (death row and all rest of the worst). I am guessing you would have a lot of opportunities. Funded and just received APA accreditation I believe.

keep in mind that there are not that many forensic psych programs out there (there will be soon given the popularity)... some have specializations... you don't have to go to a doctoral forensic psych program to be a forensic psychologist... it's a specialization within clinical psych...you can get a diplomate afterwards... I believe that are more forensic post docs and the hours count toward a diplomate.... I heard yale has a very good post doc, dual-track neuropsych and forensics. Good luck.