Forensics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silver_eyes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody,

i posted this before but now i cant find it. anyway....i want to be a doctor....a CT surgeon for that matter as i have stated time and time again in my posts. but i dont want to go to school forever. i want to have a life and a family, hopefully. i was thinking about general surgery and forensics. i really dont know much about it. what would u do if ur in the forensics sub-field of medicine? what do they call you (a heart surgeon is referred to as a cardiothoracic surgeon or CT surgeon). what would a forensics doctor be called? how long is the residency....and the pathway after taking the MCAT in the spring of your junior year? Are there schools tat are known for good forensics in medicine schooling (i guess)? Thanks...
-me

Members don't see this ad.

The title is Forensic pathologist. After med school it is about four years residency in pathology and after that is 1-2 years with a forensic fellowship. So it is about 5-6 years after med school. I am volunteering with a medical examiners office right now. It is very interesting. I actually got to see an autopsy a few weeks ago. The doctor was so nice. She would quiz me on everything and explain what she was doing. It was very exciting.

COOL!

Thanks for replying! i am only a sophomore in college...i am on summer vaction..i didnt start my soph. year yet..but i am technically a soph. lol.

thats cool. GOD...5-6 years after med...thats about the same as a general surgeon..

thanks though