Forget the improvement statistics...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ya herd

Let's fighting love!!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was pessimistic going into my retake after reading the AAMC stats on how most people don't improve. FORGET THAT. If you work hard and have some faith...you can do it. My score went up 7 points...And if I can do it, anyone can.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

You're a sample of 1, doesn't really prove anything, but good for you all the same.

ya herd said:
I was pessimistic going into my retake after reading the AAMC stats on how most people don't improve. FORGET THAT. If you work hard and have some faith...you can do it. My score went up 7 points...And if I can do it, anyone can.

Best of luck!

I've started a thread about this, but I'll ask anyway . . . How did you improve? I killed myself over the summer studying and I only made a 1 point improvement (22N to a 23Q). I'm feeling pretty helpless right now.

Khenon said:
I've started a thread about this, but I'll ask anyway . . . How did you improve? I killed myself over the summer studying and I only made a 1 point improvement (22N to a 23Q). I'm feeling pretty helpless right now.

I improved by 8 points. I took lot of pratice tests second time. I basically took any test i can get my hand on. All in all, i took 40+ verbal sections(my weakest area), and 20+ sciences. (Plus all the kaplan questions)

I think studying material after certain point doesn't help much.

Members don't see this ad :)
I studied a whole lot more this past summer. I spent almost every afternoon reviewing using the ExamKrackers books...The 101 Verbal book helped my score a ton (from 7-->10). If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

i improved 5 pnts over all 1 pnt in VR and BS to 10's and 3 pnts in PS to a 10....making my score a 30 :) and i went from a M to a P on the WS :)

ya herd said:
I studied a whole lot more this past summer. I spent almost every afternoon reviewing using the ExamKrackers books...The 101 Verbal book helped my score a ton (from 7-->10). If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

I improved 5 pts but only 1 pt in verbal and i studied that more than anything. I went up 3 points in PS and 1 in Bio (31P). I definitely did more practice problems-all of the Kaplan practice materials and the PR science workbook and the PR verbal book. This test is about practice and not about what you know.