Forgetting what I studied during Sn2ed schedule not feeling prepared. Am I studying correctly Help:(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phixius12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm really in need of some advice. I'm currently doing the Sn2ed schedule and I basically just have enough time to barely get the chapter done do the verbals for the day go over the previous days passages and then move on to the current days passages. What I've been realizing is that I don't feel like I've mastered any of the previous subjects at all from 2 weeks ago. I have basic ideas about everything, but how can I possibly master something in a day of reading it in TBR and doing some passages?
I'm feeling super overwhelmed and I have no idea how to retain the older information that I studied. Because with the schedule I just don't have the time to go back and review after doing a new chapter. Btw I haven't taken most of these classes in years so it's like I'm learning everything for the first time. Except for maybe ochem and Gchem. Can anyone please offer some advice on if I should just keep going through the schedule and then when I get to the FL's start reviewing everything and hope everything comes together? Or am I actually being counterproductive. My test is in January, if anyone can help me I would really really appreciate it because I'm at a loss for what to do :( Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the review days are pretty important. I didn't do them verbatim, but instead noted what I did worst on in my 1st 1/3 of the passages and focused on that. It takes a while to get down the SN2ed schedule, but it gets better the more you do it.

Should I be reviewing my notes from previous chapters every so often? Or should I make flash cards or something to go over? Maybe problems I missed?

Reviewing notes = not helpful
Making flashcards = marginally helpful
Reading = necessary, but not helpful

You should be doing practice problems and practice passages. Then, review all the problems you did and go through the ones you got wrong in depth and figure out why you got them wrong. I highly recommend doing EK 1001 for all the chapters you do. Invest in TPRHL Science Workbook if possible as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As @Aerus has stated, going over passages and post-analysis is your best bet. From experience, it has helped me tremendously in keeping up to date with stuff I've previously gone over to stuff I'm going over now.

Reviewing notes = not helpful
Making flashcards = marginally helpful
Reading = necessary, but not helpful

You should be doing practice problems and practice passages. Then, review all the problems you did and go through the ones you got wrong in depth and figure out why you got them wrong. I highly recommend doing EK 1001 for all the chapters you do. Invest in TPRHL Science Workbook if possible as well.
Got ya! I have the TPRH Science workbook. Is it worth it to do their freestanding questions more than the EK 1001? I feel like they give better explanations for their problems in TPR but there aren't as many :/

Also would it be worth it to write out every question I get wrong in a Notebook writing why I got the question wrong, and what the right answer was and why? For passages I mean. And then reviewing these every week? Thanks a lot guys!

Got ya! I have the TPRH Science workbook. Is it worth it to do their freestanding questions more than the EK 1001? I feel like they give better explanations for their problems in TPR but there aren't as many :/

The freestanding questions are to master the actual concepts. Passages are much more important if you are already comfortable with the concepts.