Forgot an activity but it was in HS...worth adding somehow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tictac3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If that's your only research, I'd say not do it.

If that's just one of your many research projects, I'd say not to do it.

In my own humble opinion, it's god-awfully weird to contact every school you've applied to, telling them (1) that you forgot something on your app, (2) that what you forgot is from high school, and (3) repeat steps 1 & 2.

Maybe an adcom on here can give you better advice!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have plenty of research already, so it's probably best that you just leave it be. It's from high school, and I imagine med schools want to see you have done recently.

You'll survive without it; what happened in HS stays in HS.

hey guys so I've done some research and I know if you forget an activity on AMCAS, you cannot just add it after submitting. I understand you can call or email schools to update them when appropriate. However, I am looking for opinions on what to do in my specific situation.

I submitted in June and an already verified but realized I forgot to add an activity, which is that I interned at the NIH during high school for a summer and it resulted in my name on a poster...I know it was in HS but it's still NIH so I was wondering if it's worth it to email/call amcas or every school I applied to?

Reactions: 1 user
I understand you can call or email schools to update them when appropriate. However, I am looking for opinions on what to do in my specific situation.

I submitted in June and an already verified but realized I forgot to add an activity, which is that I interned at the NIH during high school for a summer and it resulted in my name on a poster...I know it was in HS but it's still NIH so I was wondering if it's worth it to email/call amcas or every school I applied to?
Your question brought to my mind that refrain from Disney's movie Frozen: "Let it go, let it go . . . . . "

Reactions: 3 users
hahaha thank you all for the replies! sorry if this was an unnecessary thread!