Forgot an activity but it was in HS...worth adding somehow?

To be MD

Med School Or Bust
7+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2011
Status
Medical Student
If that's your only research, I'd say not do it.

If that's just one of your many research projects, I'd say not to do it.

In my own humble opinion, it's god-awfully weird to contact every school you've applied to, telling them (1) that you forgot something on your app, (2) that what you forgot is from high school, and (3) repeat steps 1 & 2.

Maybe an adcom on here can give you better advice!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThoracicGuy
OP
W

wahoowa2017

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)

Last edited:

Mongoosie

2+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2016
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
You have plenty of research already, so it's probably best that you just leave it be. It's from high school, and I imagine med schools want to see you have done recently.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
You'll survive without it; what happened in HS stays in HS.

hey guys so I've done some research and I know if you forget an activity on AMCAS, you cannot just add it after submitting. I understand you can call or email schools to update them when appropriate. However, I am looking for opinions on what to do in my specific situation.

I submitted in June and an already verified but realized I forgot to add an activity, which is that I interned at the NIH during high school for a summer and it resulted in my name on a poster...I know it was in HS but it's still NIH so I was wondering if it's worth it to email/call amcas or every school I applied to?

Reactions: gyngyn

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
I understand you can call or email schools to update them when appropriate. However, I am looking for opinions on what to do in my specific situation.

I submitted in June and an already verified but realized I forgot to add an activity, which is that I interned at the NIH during high school for a summer and it resulted in my name on a poster...I know it was in HS but it's still NIH so I was wondering if it's worth it to email/call amcas or every school I applied to?
Your question brought to my mind that refrain from Disney's movie Frozen: "Let it go, let it go . . . . . "

OP
W

wahoowa2017

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
hahaha thank you all for the replies! sorry if this was an unnecessary thread!