Forgot AP on Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

papertowel55

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a similar thread previously and got some good info but wanted to make a new post now that I have some updated info.

I've been fortunate enough to be accepted to a few schools but recently realized that on my AMCAS I had forgotten to list some test credit I got during middle school for a local college. According to AMCAS This credit would be listed as AP credit on my application, so it wouldn't have affected my GPA at all.

I'm wondering if it is worth eventually telling schools I was accepted to that I forgot to list this or if I should let it go? I don't want them to bring it up in a few years and think I lied to them, as I've read about people getting kicked out of medical school for lying on their application. But at the same time this wouldn't have affected my application really. Any thoughts (especially from adcoms) are greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

you took AP in middle school and you got credit from a college that appears on a official transcript
It's a bit more complicated but yes that's essentially the case, I got credit granted from a college I never ended up going to, and it would have been listed as AP. I completely forgot about it since it was so long ago and since I never actually took a course but the credit does show up on a transcript

when you finally decide on a school, bring it up during pre-matriculation with note to dean and have formal transcript sent. Just list as oversight. It wont be an issue

I figured that might be best, thanks gonnif! I was just paranoid that they might not react well to me sending it (e.g. rescind the acceptance), but you saying it won't be an issue eases my anxiety about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
when you finally decide on a school, bring it up during pre-matriculation with note to dean and have formal transcript sent. Just list as oversight. It wont be an issue

Hi Gonnif! Two follow up questions about this:

1. Can I bring this up before April 30th to the school I will be committing to? I don't know if there is any drawback to doing this. But I would like to get this cleared sooner rather than later so I can stop thinking/worrying about it.

2. I am on a couple waitlists that obviously won't move until May or so...do you think I should send these schools an update about this situation so that it is already settled if they accept me? Or bring it up after they accept me if they do?

Thanks so much.