Forgot to add future courses in AMCAS!!! What do I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p0stman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is not a big deal for people who have completed all the prerequisites, but I am still missing an English course, which I plan to take this coming academic year. However I did not list this course in AMCAS and was verified without it... what should I do? Do I need to contact the individual schools I applied to and tell them that I plan on completing the prerequisite?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I know this is not a big deal for people who have completed all the prerequisites, but I am still missing an English course, which I plan to take this coming academic year. However I did not list this course in AMCAS and was verified without it... what should I do? Do I need to contact the individual schools I applied to and tell them that I plan on completing the prerequisite?

Thanks in advance!

Many schools have a section on their secondary where you input all your courses, or at least your pre-reqs. I found it to be a pain in the ass, but it will help you as it gives them info you forgot on AMCAS. For the schools that don't have that section, some of them will have an "Any additional information" but where you can include that, or you can email the school with the information.

Thanks for the response cardinal... has anyone else experienced this?

i think you can probably go back, add it, and resubmit your amcas. the things you aren't allowed to go back and change is the urm/disadvantaged status, your activities (i think), and your ps. just try calling them and asking what you should do, i see no reason why you can't add the courses in