Forgot to attach pic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AggieJohn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

This is pretty stupid, but I forgot to attach my passport size photo to Georgetown's secondary. Should I worry about it? Should I send them a letter with it enclosed explaining what happened?

-feeling pretty dumb right now-

Members don't see this ad.

Should I send them a letter with it enclosed explaining what happened?

You do this.

However, realize that your chances of being accepted have probably just dropped by 0.83%.

Sorry.

Robizzle said:
You do this.

However, realize that your chances of being accepted have probably just dropped by 0.83%.

Sorry.

Curses... you're probably right :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
John,
Here's what you do.

"To Whom It May Concern:

I encountered difficulties attaching my photo to your secondary application. Since I am very interested in Georgetown's program, I wanted to ensure that I fulfilled all requirements of the application. Attached please find my photo as requested.

Best,
Aggie John
AMCAS #1234567
aggiejohn@emailaddress

(And then make sure you write YOUR NAME and AMCAS ID on the back of the picture.)

My response assumes that you didn't attach it to an online form. If you forgot to mail it, just modify my response to say that you apologize for the omission or whatever.

jackieMD2007 said:
John,
Here's what you do.

"To Whom It May Concern:

I encountered difficulties attaching my photo to your secondary application. Since I am very interested in Georgetown's program, I wanted to ensure that I fulfilled all requirements of the application. Attached please find my photo as requested.

Best,
Aggie John
AMCAS #1234567
aggiejohn@emailaddress

(And then make sure you write YOUR NAME and AMCAS ID on the back of the picture.)

Nice. I am printing that statement as I am typing this. You really turned that around! Thanks :)

I have a related question. Many apps refer to a passport-sized photo. This is smaller than standard wallet-size of course, but I am having a hard time finding a place that will print passport photos. Maybe I just havn't looked at the right places. I guess attaching a 2x3 wallet would be too big? My gut tells me to go by the letter of what they ask for. But common sense tells me that a little larger pic serves the same purpose. What do you think?

no, use it even if it wasn't an online form!

"To Whom It May Concern:

I encountered difficulties attaching my photo to your secondary application. I am not a big fan of scotch tape and refused to use it with your application. If this is going to be a problem, we can take this outside.However, since I am very interested in Georgetown's program, I wanted to ensure that I fulfilled all requirements of the application. Attached please find my photo as requested.

Best,
Aggie John
AMCAS #1234567
aggiejohn@emailaddress

Robizzle said:
no, use it even if it wasn't an online form!

"To Whom It May Concern:

I encountered difficulties attaching my photo to your secondary application. I am not a big fan of scotch tape and refused to use it with your application. If this is going to be a problem, we can take this outside.However, since I am very interested in Georgetown's program, I wanted to ensure that I fulfilled all requirements of the application. Attached please find my photo as requested.

Best,
Aggie John
AMCAS #1234567
aggiejohn@emailaddress

:laugh: :laugh: Excellent. Yeah, if it was not an online form we don't want them to think that you have a taping problem. I'm sure there is some medical condition that is fear of tape!

I would say: "In my excitement to apply to your prestigious program, I unintentionally omitted my passport photo before mailing your secondary. Since I am very interested in Georgetown's program, I wanted to ensure that I fulfilled all requirements of the application. Attached please find my photo as requested."

:thumbup:

Oh, and John?

Don't write "YOUR NAME", verbatim, on the back of the picture. Just a tip. :laugh:

what if i have a photo but secondary application isnt completed? Should i send the photo to them first and on the back, ill write, "I'll hit ya up later this week" :laugh: ;)

braluk said:
what if i have a photo but secondary application isnt completed? Should i send the photo to them? :laugh: ;)

lololol this would be awesome. then send a follow-up letter with your secondary and an explanation..

"Dear Office of Admissions,
I apologize for not attaching my secondary application to my photograph. I was so tied up with the important things that it slipped my mind. Sorry!

Sincerely,
Sexy Beast

p.s. When should I come in for an interview?"

:laugh: :laugh:

jackieMD2007 said:
Oh, and John?

Don't write "YOUR NAME", verbatim, on the back of the picture. Just a tip. :laugh:

Most convenient stores or copy places take passport photos. Walgreens, Kinkos, Rite Aide, etc

Haemulon said:
I have a related question. Many apps refer to a passport-sized photo. This is smaller than standard wallet-size of course, but I am having a hard time finding a place that will print passport photos. Maybe I just havn't looked at the right places. I guess attaching a 2x3 wallet would be too big? My gut tells me to go by the letter of what they ask for. But common sense tells me that a little larger pic serves the same purpose. What do you think?

Haemulon said:

If you have the wallets, all you have to do is trim them 1/2" on each side.
Well, on the long side (the 3" side). No biggie.

jackieMD2007 said:
Oh, and John?

Yikes! What have I done... should I send another letter explaining why I put "YOUR NAME"? I'm really worried now :scared:

Haemulon said:

try walgreens, rite aid, longs, any drug store really, kinkos, ... my school even does it at our student affairs office... do you have a scanner/printer? i was attaching bigger pictures at first but then it felt.. weird.. having my big face on my aps so i opted for making them smaller and printing them out...