Jun 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Didn't necessarily "forget" to include the research, but opted to not put it in for the following reasons:
1) 3rd author on a poster presented at a research conference - reason for not including: did not attend conference, and upon googling, the poster does not come up anywhere but the program for the conference does
2) 1st author abstract presentation at international cell symposium on cytoprotection (in St. Petersburg, Russia) - reason for not including: it was during high school, the summer after grade 11

But now I'm second-guessing my reasoning and wondering if these are things I should have included?? Is it worth attempting to add them to my AMCAS? (I haven't been verified yet).

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Didn't necessarily "forget" to include the research, but opted to not put it in for the following reasons:
1) 3rd author on a poster presented at a research conference - reason for not including: did not attend conference, and upon googling, the poster does not come up anywhere but the program for the conference does
2) 1st author abstract presentation at international cell symposium on cytoprotection (in St. Petersburg, Russia) - reason for not including: it was during high school, the summer after grade 11

But now I'm second-guessing my reasoning and wondering if these are things I should have included?? Is it worth attempting to add them to my AMCAS? (I haven't been verified yet).
not worth time lost getting app back and resubmitting

Reactions: DrChef94

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal

Once you submit you can't change your Activities entries, whether or not you have been verified. Your recourse would be to withdraw the entire application, but then you'd be barred from applying again until June 2017. It's not worth it.

Some Secondaries might give you a chance to add the information though.

Reactions: DrChef94
OP
DrChef94
Jun 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
@Catalystik thank you for the info! I'll watch out for any opportunities in secondaries to add those.