Forgot to mention shadowing in EC section of application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tahjo0211

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ummm I just realized that I forgot to make an entry for my shadowing... but my reference letter does mention 100 hours of shadowing... should i be alarmed?...
i submitted my app 7/14 and it was mailed 8/5....

Members don't see this ad.

Ummm I just realized that I forgot to make an entry for my shadowing... but my reference letter does mention 100 hours of shadowing... should i be alarmed?...
i submitted my app 7/14 and it was mailed 8/5....

IMO, yes. You should send an email to all the schools notifying them of this mistake. Some schools have shadowing requirements. You might get auto rejected based on that alone.

Think of this scenario. An Adcom picks up your package, looks at it, and sees 0 hours of shadowing. Boom, red flag. Since the adcom is busy, he or she may decide to put you in the rejection pile before even getting to your LORs.

Last edited:
my personal statement also mentions an experience that i had while shadowing.. although i know i can't get a certain answer but is it likely that they view the PS first? (I already started sending emails :()

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe i should call all the schools? any advice anyone? crapping in my pants here :(

maybe i should call all the schools? any advice anyone? crapping in my pants here :(

I would definitely notify them, as the other respondent stated...schools do filter applications.

I'd hate to bump this thread again but has anyone here tried making a change to their application after e-submission + mailing? + Is it difficult?
I sent them an e-mail already plan on calling them during the day