Forgot to report college class taken in high school - need help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wimby2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am in a slight predicament. I recently realized that I took an upper level science college class my junior year of high school that was 1 credit, in which I received a B+. It totally slipped my mind when applying, and I did not enter the course. This was the only college level class I took before beginning undergrad.

I am matriculating at a medical school in the fall, and will need to send all my transcripts in. Should I call admissions and inform them of this class? Or is it not worth the trouble?

I'm leaning toward being honest and telling them, but I'm also worried this may put my spot in jeopardy.

I'm not sure if I'm being overly neurotic, but I would hate for this mistake to cause trouble for me down the line.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Call and/or write email and have transcript sent

"In my original AMCAS application I neglected to include a 1 credit college course that took as a junior in HS. This oversight is fully my fault and responsibility. An official transcript from this course will be forthcoming."

Will do! What are the odds something like this would result in a revocation of my acceptance? I feel awful about leaving it out; it just totally slipped my mind when filling out AMCAS.

Will do! What are the odds something like this would result in a revocation of my acceptance? I feel awful about leaving it out; it just totally slipped my mind when filling out AMCAS.

Let's hope you don't get an AAMC investigation... I had one and it certainly didn't help! I won't go into the specifics, but I admitted to an honest mistake, it violated some rule and they attached a letter of investigation to every single school that received my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's hope you don't get an AAMC investigation... I had one and it certainly didn't help! I won't go into the specifics, but I admitted to an honest mistake, it violated some rule and they attached a letter of investigation to every single school that received my application.

I suppose my situation is a bit different as I am finished with the application process. Hopefully letting admissions know won't hurt me...I'm worried it'll be grounds for rescinding my acceptance!

Just don't worry about it. There is no way anyone can find out about a class you took in high school anyway and a B+ isn't going to hurt or help you in any way for admissions at any other schools you are still waiting on.

Just don't worry about it. There is no way anyone can find out about a class you took in high school anyway and a B+ isn't going to hurt or help you in any way for admissions at any other schools you are still waiting on.

Yeah, I called them back in May and got it all sorted out. Currently a happily enrolled M1.

Reactions: 1 user
Actual, there is. It's called the National Student Clearinghouse and will have a record of every college level course you've taken. Trying to "beat the system" is stupid in this case.

No, they wont have a record of every class that you took. They will have a record of every college you attended and, in a majority of instances, will have automated official college course catalog/registrar data that can provide details for most transcripts. So if you dont report a college, that will showup. Therefore you would be found out if you dont send in a transcript

How interesting.

No, they wont have a record of every class that you took. They will have a record of every college you attended and, in a majority of instances, will have automated official college course catalog/registrar data that can provide details for most transcripts. So if you dont report a college, that will showup. Therefore you would be found out if you dont send in a transcript

Couldn't you just say you didn't remember in the unlikely instance that you are caught? Taking "college classes" in high school is so awkwardly administered that one could easily not have realized they earned any credit in the process. When I was applying, I had a lot of trouble tracking down courses that I earned credit in while in high school namely because I couldn't remember what school they were offered from. I listed one or two but I am sure I missed at least one other class.

Couldn't you just say you didn't remember in the unlikely instance that you are caught? Taking "college classes" in high school is so awkwardly administered that one could easily not have realized they earned any credit in the process. When I was applying, I had a lot of trouble tracking down courses that I earned credit in while in high school namely because I couldn't remember what school they were offered from. I listed one or two but I am sure I missed at least one other class.

I would looooooooooove to leave out my dual enrollment; but it's way too risky, and if found out, they'd see exactly why