Foriegn traind dentist with BDS , whats next ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narcykw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi , thanks alot for making such web site , i found alot of interresting informations here that i've been searching for months .
I am a graduated dentist with B.D.S. with 2 years of clinical experience , am about to take the national board exams .. my question is whats exactly required to be qualified to practice Dentistry in USA or Canada as a general dentist after am done with part 1 and 2 .. and what should i do to be accepted in a GPR or any other training program in the USA ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi , thanks alot for making such web site , i found alot of interresting informations here that i've been searching for months .
I am a graduated dentist with B.D.S from Kuwait with 2 years of clinical experience , am about to take the national board exams part 1 & 2 from here .. my question is whats exactly required to be qualified to practice Dentistry in USA or Canada as a general dentist after am done with part 1 and 2 .. and what should i do to be accepted in a GPR or any other training program in the USA ?

Thanks
Need to go back to school my friend, for 2 or 3 years, after you get accepted.

Need to go back to school my friend, for 2 or 3 years, after you get accepted.

thanks for replying ... so what kinda programs i'll be seeking in the school u talking about .. for the BDS all over again ? or another degree ?

go to website ADA.org and see the supplemental programs for forein dentists. and yes you have to do DDS or DMD which is basic dental qualification just like BDS.