Form a strong friendship with a class-mate who co-owns a family pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOnlinePharmacist

P4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So as we all know, forming strong bonds and finessing connections is very important in pharmacy school. I'm constantly thinking about potential mentors and bonds that I can strike, and just earlier this week I came across a class-mate during lunch who mentioned he actually co-owns and runs his aunt's pharmacy. She planned on selling it as she had no one to run it and lo and behold, he was there when she mentioned it, and bought it off of her. Of course he took a loan - some sort of family loan, maybe he plans on paying her little by little; I don't know, I didn't get into how he bought it with him. So now he's currently the co-owner, and will become the official owner when he is officially a pharmacist.

Anyways, this guy seems really cool, and he dropped a 100 on the first biochemistry test. He seems very lonely. I actually felt bad for him the other day, as he was just sitting on one of the couches after classes doing absolutely nothing, staring at his hands, and so I invited him to sit with my friends and I. And ever since then he's been comfortable around me and just always chats with me. All in all, he's a cool guy.

Now, moving on to the main question here: On a scale of 1-10, how close should I get to this guy? What're the chances he lands me a secure job after graduation if I become a really close buddy of his, and work on building our friendship throughout the next 4 years?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be careful with your specific descriptions on here, you never know who's reading (; I mean, it wouldn't hurt? Give yourself as much opportunity as possible.

Reactions: 2 users
The guys seems lonely...? Wha... what?

What the hey is going on here?? :eek:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol. So you are basically trying to get him to buy your friendship?

I mean, the worst that could happen is you stop being friends. If you do get buddy-buddy with him, you can really only benefit from it. Especially if it ends up landing you a job or some sort of partnership. If that doesn't work out, you're still friends with him. Not like you can really lose a whole lot from just being friends with the guy, in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! So as we all know, forming strong bonds and finessing connections is very important in pharmacy school. I'm constantly thinking about potential mentors and bonds that I can strike, and just earlier this week I came across a class-mate during lunch who mentioned he actually co-owns and runs his aunt's pharmacy. She planned on selling it as she had no one to run it and lo and behold, he was there when she mentioned it, and bought it off of her. Of course he took a loan - some sort of family loan, maybe he plans on paying her little by little; I don't know, I didn't get into how he bought it with him. So now he's currently the co-owner, and will become the official owner when he is officially a pharmacist.

Anyways, this guy seems really cool, and he dropped a 100 on the first biochemistry test. He seems very lonely. I actually felt bad for him the other day, as he was just sitting on one of the couches after classes doing absolutely nothing, staring at his hands, and so I invited him to sit with my friends and I. And ever since then he's been comfortable around me and just always chats with me. All in all, he's a cool guy.

Now, moving on to the main question here: On a scale of 1-10, how close should I get to this guy? What're the chances he lands me a secure job after graduation if I become a really close buddy of his, and work on building our friendship throughout the next 4 years?
Independent pharmacies are going the way of the dodo bird. If I were your friend, I would sell the pharmacy for a cool few million. CVS is stupid enough to buy anything. I would make friends, but the pharmacy school is long. You never know what may happen over the next 4 years.

Marry him, don't sign a prenup divorce him and take the pharmacy for free.

Get him to sell the pharmacy to you. Sell it real quick before Walgreens offers you $100 for it

You're thinking way too much about this **** (and your other threads included). I mean... asking a forum how close you should get to someone on a 1-10? Seriously? And agreed you need to be way more careful about what you post, ya never know who is lurking and will realize you are talking about them... women in your other threads or lonely dudes in this one.

Go with your gut feeling, be a decent human being, befriend someone who needs it and you never know what it might turn into down the road (a blossoming bromance or co-owning a store together).

Ideally, friendship is not made in such ways.

You seem cray. Friends for a potential job?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dude you’re way overthinking this. Just stop lmao. Either he’s cool or he’s not.

Status
Not open for further replies.