Form AG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What did you think?

PS - I think I rocked it. There were no unfamiliar material in the passages and I had about 15-20 mins left over to check the ones I questioned before.
*my guess is I got 11-12

VR - I'm not sure (as always). In april I ended up with a 7 here, which was 2 points lower than my worst practice test. This time I did about 15 full-length verbal exams for practice and managed to get my more recent scores up around ~9-10 with a couple scores as high as 11.
*my guess is I got 9-10

BS - I usually never run out of time, but I caught myself freaking out on the last passage before the last set of discretes because the clock was ticking down fast. I made some really fast eliminations and guessed as well as I could based on that.
*I'm guessing I got a 10-11

Anyone else have comments?

Members don't see this ad.

PS - Did well. I'm guessing a high 10 or a low 11.

VR - at least an 11.

Bio - ridiculous. Also struggled with time. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Too much passage-based info for me. This killed me. I bet I got like a low 8. Never got below a 9 on a practice test. Effing MCAT writers...

AG was almost like BG but the passages were ordered differently.

I agree, BS was kinda difficult

Well hopefully since we all agree that the BS was pretty tough then everyone else was thinking the same thing and when scores are normalized in the next two months we'll end up with something decent :) Anyone else have comments about AG?

Members don't see this ad :)
PS-seemed somewhat easier than all the other PS stuff I've done. I found that I didn't have to guess very much, which I take as a good sign. Probably a 12 or maybe even 13

VR-As always, I probably blew this section. I didn't manage my time properly and had less than 15 minutes for the last two passages. I had to basically go by the question stems for the last passage-not a good feeling at all. I predict an 9 or 8 or 7 or 6 or 5 :'( I really hoped for a 10, which I seriously don't think is going to happen.

WS-It went well I think considering I spent about a total of 15 minutes last night reading over some sample prompts :D Hopefully a Q.

BS-Compared to others, surprisingly, I didn't have to guess again on a lot of the questions, which is awesome. Good thing there wasn't much genetics on it :smuggrin: Too bad it lacked more organic. 12, maybe 13

Oblivion said:
PS-seemed somewhat easier than all the other PS stuff I've done. I found that I didn't have to guess very much, which I take as a good sign. Probably a 12 or maybe even 13

VR-As always, I probably blew this section. I didn't manage my time properly and had less than 15 minutes for the last two passages. I had to basically go by the question stems for the last passage-not a good feeling at all. I predict an 9 or 8 or 7 or 6 or 5 :'( I really hoped for a 10, which I seriously don't think is going to happen.

WS-It went well I think considering I spent about a total of 15 minutes last night reading over some sample prompts :D Hopefully a Q.

BS-Compared to others, surprisingly, I didn't have to guess again on a lot of the questions, which is awesome. Good thing there wasn't much genetics on it :smuggrin: Too bad it lacked more organic. 12, maybe 13
I have the exact same score predictions as you, though, I am shooting for an R-S in WS and I wrote BG.

Score prediction: 12-8-12-R --> Screwed for Western and Queen's.

I can't tell you how glad I am to read this thread. I almost called my wife at lunch to tell her that the test was going great. I felt great after PS, then felt pretty good about VR (maybe 11 and 10 respectively).

Then hit the Wall I call BS. I left the auditorium questioning my faith in god. Well, maybe not, but I'm pretty agnostic to begin with. I felt much more worked on this Bio than any of the practice tests. I am worried about an 8 on this section as well, but feel a bit better after reading that others had the same tough spots on this one. I ran out of time and guessed at large portions as a result. Grrr...

personally i rocked BS and PS
probably got a 6 in VR :S :S :S :S

I hate that VR junk....I could argue like 3 different answers for each question for like 3 passages :mad:

I think I'm going to take revenge on bio by eating fish and chips and mushroom soup. See how those alleles stopped you from ending up in my belly now. :mad:

Verbal was great.. passages 1-8 that is... number 9 was the deductive nightmare from hell.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.. best of luck to you all!

Hi,

What I thought:

PS: Chem was straightforward. Physics, hope one of the Translational stuff or the Electric stuff was the experimental one.

VR: Gave up trying to understand as the test progressed. Made it look like the Economist magazine's opinion articles are written for middle school reading comprehension.

BS: Based on what I said about the test, my brother, a physician, joked that you prepare for USMLE 1 and then take the MCAT bio part. Might be doable then.

My old scores: (VR9, PS9, BS8) Hope not to get anything lower than that.
That would be, well....

EconomicsRocks said:
I think I'm going to take revenge on bio by eating fish and chips and mushroom soup. See how those alleles stopped you from ending up in my belly now. :mad:

Verbal was great.. passages 1-8 that is... number 9 was the deductive nightmare from hell.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.. best of luck to you all!

Yeah, what the HELL was up with passage # 9. I had a good ten minutes left for that passage, but I totally blanked after reading it. My brain was just crashing, I ended up answering a bunch of Cs.

redd82 said:
Yeah, what the HELL was up with passage # 9. I had a good ten minutes left for that passage, but I totally blanked after reading it. My brain was just crashing, I ended up answering a bunch of Cs.

what was passage 9 about again? i forgot.

also, did anyone notice that there were TWO passages of like 10 questions each. i damn near soiled myself when i saw this

I thought the PS and VR were pretty normal, a lot more physics than April. but the BS OMFG i got murdered. I used EK to study genetics because I haven't taken it yet. What a mistake!! I was definately not prepared.

thought the PS was similar to other ones, but its my strongest section, and i always do quite well on it. VR was iffy, as always, but i think i did decently enough (rewrote to improve it from an 8 last august). BS also seemed decent, was way happier than this BS than last year. Last year had like 1 organic passage and barely any physiology. This one didn't have loads of direct physiology, but i found most stuff could be answered with knowledge given in the passage. Also had more organic than mine last year, and i'm a fan of organic. :)

Very optomistic guesstimation of score - 14/10/13 Q (a Q cuz my essays seemed pretty similar to what i did last year, which was just throw together 30 minutes of BS, and i got a Q last year. Years of procrastination and last minute essay/assignment writing have molded me for 30 minute essays)

Hope it went well for all of yas, and after a few days, no matter how you did, you won't be thinkin about it until october.

Members don't see this ad :)
cee said:
what was passage 9 about again? i forgot.

also, did anyone notice that there were TWO passages of like 10 questions each. i damn near soiled myself when i saw this

I like the passages with 10 questions, because I have Persistant Post Concussive Syndrom and although symptoms have been gradually lessening, it still takes me a bit longer to read than others. So the less passages with more questions, the better. Those passages with 10 questions are probably the only reason I finished.

medmom said:
I thought the PS and VR were pretty normal, a lot more physics than April. but the BS OMFG i got murdered. I used EK to study genetics because I haven't taken it yet. What a mistake!! I was definately not prepared.

Mee too, medmom. Ive never seen more than a couple genetics questions on an AAMC practice test.

I'm soooo glad to see that some others feel the same way I felt after verbal.... worst verbal section ever!!! That passage about ASL was killer. As for PS, it wasn't too bad and the BS seemed quite easy minus the one passage about fast/slow enzymes and inheritance.

Im starting to freak out and can't remember if i had BG or AG- BG said that they had the ASL passage at the end, i thought i had AG. Did we have the same ASL at the end? Then some boring passage about pastorial or some crap before that one?

yup, AG and BG were quite similar... yea the passages before the ASL were that American pastoralism stuff and the video art guerilla thing

Alright, yea i had AG. I dont know why i was thinking BG, im probably looking for something to freak out about.

I also feel really wishy washy about VR, I always do though.

PS was a bit tricky-stuff that seemed like it was going to be obvious wasn't. I ended up wasting a ridiculous amount of time trying to balance a reaction that I didn't have to ARG Lesson learned for the bio section though!

BS went really well I thought. I like the kind of convoluted questions they were asking and the lack of Ochem was my friend :) That said, I'm still sure y'all did much better than I'll score.

Economics doesn't necessarily prepare one for the MCAT :rolleyes: don't know what I was thinking....

PS: I thought it was hard! The usual comprehension questions were diificult to answer, and I felt uncertain about a lot of things. There was barely any General Chem and that makes me sad.

Verbal: For some reason, I thought the verbal was easy! I understood the main idea of every passage, which I also attribute to reading a lot slower, and still had 15 minutes to do that stupid ASL passage. That thing made no sense!

Bio: I am uncertain how I feel about it. I felt a lot of the answers were basically interpreting the graphs and charts that were presented, and the other half was basic physiology.

Overall, I am a little worried to find out my score. Everyone at my testing center had the same sentiments as I do about the P.S.

Hey darla which center in ontario did you write at.. and haha yes economics doesnt prep you for mcat, but its an interesting major :p

EconomicsRocks said:
Hey darla which center in ontario did you write at.. and haha yes economics doesnt prep you for mcat, but its an interesting major :p
I was at the Royal York Hell Hole Canadian Ballroom-you?

I really like my econ major-I think it helped me to, pardon the awful expression, think outside the box on this exam.

Darlaa said:
I also feel really wishy washy about VR, I always do though.

PS was a bit tricky-stuff that seemed like it was going to be obvious wasn't. I ended up wasting a ridiculous amount of time trying to balance a reaction that I didn't have to ARG Lesson learned for the bio section though!

BS went really well I thought. I like the kind of convoluted questions they were asking and the lack of Ochem was my friend :) That said, I'm still sure y'all did much better than I'll score.

Economics doesn't necessarily prepare one for the MCAT :rolleyes: don't know what I was thinking....

That's the true, as holder of BA in Economics, i feel like i was at a huge disadvantage going in to that test.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Darlaa said:
I was at the Royal York Hell Hole Canadian Ballroom-you?

I really like my econ major-I think it helped me to, pardon the awful expression, think outside the box on this exam.

i was there too.

PS was ok. barely finished and not sure about alot of asnwers.
VR was iffy i rushed the last two passages and i didnt like that.

ws i think i lost direction whenwriting the second essay and my grammar was not great.

BS was aite but i barely finished and i uesually finish on time for this one
prediction with a curve added 12 12 10 R (on the optimiswtic side of things)
came in with a 10 8 5 Q last august

man it was hard

ps was ok, more on the harder side for me though. i made some dumb mistakes, probably a 10.

vr im not good at, and plus i blanked out and didnt understand anything, guessed C on 16 questions, so probably 4-5-6.

bs i thought was a joke, probably 12-13-14 other than the tfr1 and tfr2 passage.

predict 28 =( ready to take in january.

captaindargo said:
That's the true, as holder of BA in Economics, i feel like i was at a huge disadvantage going in to that test.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

im majoring in economics and i also added biology as well
but u took the necessary prerequisites right?
it shouldnt matter then

Eh...

Physical Sciences - Breezed through it, and had like 10 minutes extra time.

Verbal Reasoning - Finished with like 3 minutes remaining. Not too bad.

Biological Sciences - Probably the hardest of the three, but manageable. Nothing too difficult here.

I found the test to be extremely easy actually. Kaplan's MCAT tests were 100x harder than that test to be truthful. I really feel I got something like a 13-13-13, or around there.

Versus the CK form in April, I thought this was a lot easier. Then again, it could be that I actually studied specifically for the MCAT, and wasn't taking 9 credits on top of working my 40-hr week as an environmental engineer and then study. Just work and study is a lot easier than work, class, and then study!

PS: As someone mentioned earlier, a lot of stuff could be answered via the passage. A majority of the equations that had to be remembered were pretty basic ones, and I only saw one in reference to bernoulli's. Had an issue on balancing an equation (eick I realized how long it had been since I had to do that under pressure!) but for the most part, it went pretty well. 9-11.

VR. Different story: I breezed through AAMC 9 w/ an 11 and now this? The two ten-question passages were beastly, and I wasted too much time on those! I did find a trick though (at least for me) I read 'em like a novel: tipped back in the chair and all. Seemed to really help calm me down and read it a-la EK style. I dunno really on my score. If I get a 10 I'll jump up and down for weeks.

Writing: Considering I got an S last time, I didnt' look at any of this stuff this go around. I regretted that, so probably an R. I guess last time I wrote because I figured there was a "Right" and a "Wrong" Answer but instead I found that really they are looking at if you can write a coherant essay that makes sense!

BS. Thank goodness only 10-11 Q's on Organic! I haven't had O-Chem II yet and let's just say its not easy to teach yourself organic over the summer! I thought like others that it was a lot of passage based stuff, but I didn't find the genetics (what little there was) too hard. Maybe I over-simplified it too much, but I don't think this one required too much mole- bio to figure it out! I think a 9-11 here. As somone else mentioned, there was little to no skin, endocrine, resp, euk/pro comparisons. Oh well, now its a long 57.5 days!

Overall I felt much better than the massacre that I took in April. With a low 3 GPA I need to just rock the test. We will see!!

tictaq said:
im majoring in economics and i also added biology as well
but u took the necessary prerequisites right?
it shouldnt matter then

Yeah I just finished the prereqs this summer... but i just have the prereqs.. i taking other bio classes this fall.