Form AN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EBI831

legend in the making
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Impossible for the physics and bio? reply please. everyone who took it with me said it was definitely the hardest one overall.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, PS wasn't the easiest. Like, all that optics stuff was tough.

And VR was definitely no cake walk. Those 10 q passages back-to-back really sucked.

And BS was tons of rote memorization. Not too much orgo though, which was good. But that's not to say that the other stuff was easy - far from it.

RB

verbal was so hard! I couldn't find a right answer in the choices.

PS was meduim tough and BS wasn't as bad as I expected

SO INCREDIBLY HARD.... but doable... if we had like another 30 min for PS and VR hah.... i thought i was like not as bad as AAMC 8 but still very very challenging... glad ya'll feel the same... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't have too many issues with PS and V, but BS totally kicked my butt. :mad:

-Pemberley

32yoPremed said:
I thought it was a pretty tough exam. I finished every section with a little time at the end to go back and check my answers. Now that i really go back and think about it, I am worried about some of my answers. I can think of a biology question or two that I flat know, upon retrospect, I missed. Same with the Physical sciences section. I felt such a sense of letdown after the exam yesterday. All I could do is walk around in a daze and let my neurons repair themselves, mumbling about having to wait 2 months for my scores.

I am seriously at a loss as to what scores I should expect for myself. The highest I ever scored on practice exams was 33 on AAMC 9. In other instances I scored a low of 25 and every other score in between. It is hard to say how my feelings after the MCAT compare with how I felt on the practice exams.

Overall, I am worried, but I don't know what that really means.

Well, if it's any consolation, I am worried as well. I too had this form, and I definitely found the PS section to be harder than any other AAMC practice test I've take thus far. Too much stuff on light and atomic physics. I'm not sure how I did on that section, although I was getting 11's in most of my practice tests.

VR I found to be really tough, especially with the double back-to-back 10 Q passages, both of which were somewhat confusing. I don't really know what to expect.

BS was really different from all the practice tests. Quite a few experimental set ups, and to be honest, there weren't a whole lot of answers where I could circle the choice and say "yeah, I'm 100% sure that's right".

Anyway, I guess we'll find out in a few weeks...

RB

32yoPremed said:
I have been thinking about the test and it is stressing me out. I remember one point where there were four answers in a row where I came up with the same letter bubble as the answer. This is sort of freaking me out as it doesn't seem likely there would be four identical letter choices in a row, but I had to pick the answers I came up with, right?

If it's any consolation, I recall a part where I chose the same letter a solid four times as well and felt apprehensive. No worries