Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Form BG

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kreno, Aug 19, 2001.

1. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Those of you with BG, what were your thoughts?

2. Valeriya

Valeriya Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, Kreeno. I already posted my replies about BG on two other topics, but here it is again: I thought verbal vas average - too many himanities/politics passages, but not too tricky questions. Physics was rather easy, I thought. Biology was very hard for me and for everybody else in the auditorium (about 200 people who took MCAT with me had same questions in different order). What did you think about bio? Do you remember identifying an oxygen containing functional group in a compound? what was it?
    a. ketone
    b. lactone
    c. aldehyde
    d. ether
    Good luck on our curve! :D

3. jakethaiCSULA

jakethaiCSULA Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey guys I had form BG.
    I think the verbal was very difficult for me. The reading materials were really boring and very tricky questions. As far as physical, I think it was fairly do-a-ble :) .
    On that darn BIO, too too many phisiology questions. I didn't have any clue about the heart rate passage.
    Lastly,I picked D.ether as my answer. :p

4. VC15

VC15 MS4
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That was a lactone (cyclic ester). I also posted my opinion of the test on another thread, but basically the test seemed harder (in all three sections)than any of my practice tests, but not by much. It seemed quite reasonable overall...

5. Bruin4Life

Bruin4Life Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Jakethai, do you attend cal state l.a.? i know many people from cal stat l.a., that do especially well on the bio section. the organic professors are pretty top notch, including Dr. Paulson and Dr. Amir. Also, if you take Dr. Lopez's physiology course before the MCAT, he'll prepare you for almost anything.

6. sunflower79

sunflower79 Plays well with knives
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Awesome! I got that lactone one right :) I thought that was a bit outlandish too, but got it by POE (thank goodness for process of elimination). My form was AH btw, but seems to be identical to BG.

I thought PS was pretty easy except for maybe the photoelectric effect question; what did others think? Circuits was surprisingly straightforward, and the passage about AC didn't even have that much to do with AC specifically, right?...

And did anyone get a handle on that verbal passage having to do with irony/hope/pessimism/literature?

7. jakethaiCSULA

jakethaiCSULA Member
    10+ Year Member

ah darn!....now that I thought about it...Ether ring is a lactone. Darn I almost pick that answer. :mad:
    Hey Bruin4life. Yeah I go to CSULA. I have to agree with you that we do have a lot of good science teachers. I know quite a number of people to got into USC and UC's. Dr. Lopez is awesome, he is also our pre-med officer. :D

8. poloace

poloace Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey guys, sounds like form BG was similar to my BM- was the first passage on the FOUDING FATHERS AND THE CONSTITUTION? and then there was some crap on CATS and AGRICULTURE??? if so.... i think that was the hardest verbal section in the nation... where did you guys all take the exam? i was in omaha, NE... let me know-