Form CH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had CH too.

I had alot of trouble with the PS. I was doing great on the first 24 questions then at question 25 they called 45 minutes to go and I started to panic for whatever reason. I'm stronger in chemsitry then physics and it seemed like this test was 70% physics. I hope I got either a 9 or 10 though, but it honestly could be more like an 8.

Verbal reasoning was EASY compared to any of the practice exams I did. Almost every passage was straightforward and easy to understand. The only one I had a little trouble with was the last passage, but I think that was simply becuase I was running out of time. I'd like to think I got a 12, but who knows.

WS was no program. I rather enjoyed writing about both topics.

BS was a little harder and time was an issue on this section too. On all the practice tests I had atleast 10 or 15 minutes, but today I was filling in the last oval right as time as called. I'm not sure about about my score on this section becuase I made alot of educated guesses; I was fairly certain but there was still resonable doubt. Hopefuly I atleast got a 10 or 11.

So overall I'm guessing I'll get between 30 and 33, but it is all a complete guess so who knows!

i agree. timing was an issue for both science sections; but not for verbal. i had to guess on the last bio & phys.. i am praying for a miracle.

I had CH, but I was the exact opposite of you guys.

PS is my worst section, but I didn't think that one was too bad. Pretty easy compared to practice exams. VR was hellishly hard, and the passages were aweful, easily the worst I've ever taken before. And BS was about the same way, probably the hardest BS I've ever taken.

I did great on time for PS, okay for BS, but blew VR and didn't even finish. I was hoping for a 12 on VR, but now I'll be lucky if I scrape a 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
Primo said:
I had CH, but I was the exact opposite of you guys.

PS is my worst section, but I didn't think that one was too bad. Pretty easy compared to practice exams. VR was hellishly hard, and the passages were aweful, easily the worst I've ever taken before. And BS was about the same way, probably the hardest BS I've ever taken.

I did great on time for PS, okay for BS, but blew VR and didn't even finish. I was hoping for a 12 on VR, but now I'll be lucky if I scrape a 10.

huh, are you sure you had form CH, cause i thought verbal and bio were fairly easy, and phys sci was ridiculously hard- and i was getting pretty good scores on phys sci on all my practice tests?

ladki72102 said:
huh, are you sure you had form CH, cause i thought verbal and bio were fairly easy, and phys sci was ridiculously hard- and i was getting pretty good scores on phys sci on all my practice tests?

Yep, no doubt it was CH. Weird.

I usually do well on practice VRs, a worst getting 10s, but lately getting 11/12. I figure I'll get a 9 this time, 10 if I'm lucky.

I expected about a 7 or 8 on PS (obviously hoping for the best, 7 would never cut it), but it didn't seem so bad.

BS was tough, even though it seemed to be mostly Bio which I'm much better at. I figured I'd pull around a 9 on BS because my OChem isn't so good, but I figure it'll be an 8 at best.

I had CH too and I feel we all got kicked in the Gonads. I should have voided but when everyone kept complaining during the breaks I thought I might as well tough it out. If everyone thought it was hard, then the curve will be different

Primo said:
Yep, no doubt it was CH. Weird.

I usually do well on practice VRs, a worst getting 10s, but lately getting 11/12. I figure I'll get a 9 this time, 10 if I'm lucky.

I expected about a 7 or 8 on PS (obviously hoping for the best, 7 would never cut it), but it didn't seem so bad.

BS was tough, even though it seemed to be mostly Bio which I'm much better at. I figured I'd pull around a 9 on BS because my OChem isn't so good, but I figure it'll be an 8 at best.

I had CH also, and the people that had it around me all agreed that the PS was ridiculous.

I noticed alot of people on the other forms were complaining about all the genteics. I only remmeber maybe one question that involved genetics. I'm not sure if ours didn't have as much as others or I'm just not remembering it.

yeah that was a bummer, not having genetics, since I am a genetics major :( All I remember was one question too.

yeah i didn't see much genetics at all - did any of you guys think the bio got harder towards the very end of the section? (like last 2 passages...and last set of discretes?)

or maybe i was just losing fuel and running out of time. i dont know.

I also had CH.
I thought physics was incredibly hard! I was getting 13's on the aamc 8,9. I dought I got a 10 on this test.
Verbal was tough for me, but its always tough for me!
Bio was ok, but I thought it got real tough towards the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
sotired said:
i'm glad someone else thought bio got progressively harder....

Yeah - when it started, I was like "All right! This ain't too bad." But at the end, I was practically in tears.

silverjelly said:
Yeah - when it started, I was like "All right! This ain't too bad." But at the end, I was practically in tears.

that's TOTALLY how i felt. in fact...i was holding back tears as i left the testing room

The PS was brutal. I thought of voiding after I finished. I'm glad I didn't because I think I did well on verbal and BS. Hopefully!!!

Seems that I am the opposite of you guys. I thought that the BS was very easy and the PS alright. Too bad the VR got me though. Most of the verbal passages were not that bad, but I bogged down on one after losing my train of thought. Once the proctor called 45 minutes left I panicked and rushed on two passages to make up some ground. I figure I missed half of the questions for those two passages. Sweetness. I'm thinking something like P10-V7-B13.

I'm glad some other people noticed that the BS got harder towards the end. I honestly thought it was just becuase I was running out of time and was sarting to panic...

I thought the physical sciences was for sure tough especially the gold scattering passage. Verbal was about the same difficulty and the bio I thought was about the same or maybe a little harder. Overall the test was harder than practice tests. Lets hope the curve is in our favor.

OMG thank you! Yes I HATED that passage, and I didn't understand it at all. I hope it was experimental or whatever. JJ thomson stuff has been haunting me since the MCAT.
And the worst part is, I keep having dreams that I have to take it over again.

we can only hope it was experimental....was that passage on anyone elses forms?

Yes, I thought the scattering passage was brutal too! I wasted too much time on it and then ended up screwing much of the last few passage...I'm soo bummed, I thought I would do the best on Physics. I really hope the mean is in our favor...I have been losing sleep over Phys for the last week.

I thought PS was okay, finished right on time. Verbal was okay also, but I didn't finish one passage. Bio was great at first like many have said, then got more difficult toward the end. But I still finished with 5 min to spare.

I was definitely easier than some I've taken (namely AAMC9 verbal), but similar to most.

I thought PS was okay, finished right on time. Verbal was okay also, but I didn't finish one passage. Bio was great at first like many have said, then got more difficult toward the end. But I still finished with 5 min to spare.

I was definitely easier than some I've taken (namely AAMC9 verbal), but similar to most.

Wow! that's pretty good that you were able to finish! I usually finished the aamc practice tests with about 5min to spare (scored 13/12 on aamc 8/9), this time I had to guess on 5 questions and had to answer at least 10q's reallyy fast which probebly means I got them wrong.

yeah.. my timing was not perfect by any means on ps, verbal was fine, and i had to answer questions really fast too at the end of bio too

oh well, hope for the best

i got a 34 (10/11/13) totally not what i expected, and I am really sad. the physics really screwed me over, i was getting consistent 13s on my last 4 practice tests. should i retake?

i got a 34 (10/11/13) totally not what i expected, and I am really sad. the physics really screwed me over, i was getting consistent 13s on my last 4 practice tests. should i retake?

Dude/Dudette, you still did awesome. I really hope you're just being a facetious ass.

Why do people whine about 34 and over? Perhaps to you it is a low score, and I know people have expectations for themselves that can be quite high However, my crappy, crappy, 30 is in the 74th percentile, so a 34 is getting you in somewhere. I just hope one school will let me in with that stupid f%^$ing 30.

I had form CH too,

I was getting 12 and 13's on PS and 13,14 on BS....but this this is what I got on the real thing in august

PS:10, VR:7, BS:10 (27M)

Verbal has always been my weak point, but I thought I would get an 8. I know I got killed on PS, but I really thought I did well on BS- I was expecting a 13 or 14...its really too bad. I applied to 40+ schools and now I will only send in secondaries to only lower teir schools, although I was really hoping to apply MD/PhD since I have had over 4 years of medical research with several publications (both first authored and co-authored)...but with a 27, my chances are pretty much gone.
I just don't understand this MCAT, I mean, I have over a 3.8 GPA in Bioengineering- and I have never in my life cheating or did anything shady to get good grades...its really depressing

I had form CH too,

I was getting 12 and 13's on PS and 13,14 on BS....but this this is what I got on the real thing in august

PS:10, VR:7, BS:10 (27M)

Verbal has always been my weak point, but I thought I would get an 8. I know I got killed on PS, but I really thought I did well on BS- I was expecting a 13 or 14...its really too bad. I applied to 40+ schools and now I will only send in secondaries to only lower teir schools, although I was really hoping to apply MD/PhD since I have had over 4 years of medical research with several publications (both first authored and co-authored)...but with a 27, my chances are pretty much gone.
I just don't understand this MCAT, I mean, I have over a 3.8 GPA in Bioengineering- and I have never in my life cheating or did anything shady to get good grades...its really depressing

I'm right there with you. I have a pretty good GPA and two years of research, so I really wanted to apply to MSTP, but I got a 28M (9,9,10). Looks like my chances are pretty much gone...but I guess stranger things have happened...

ummm i thought verbal was so easy and the sciences hard, and last night before i went to bed i said to my family...well the only thing i know is that i did better than a 10 in verbal.

10 ps 10bs 8 verbal.. 28Q

the last time i got a 8 in verbal was my kaplan diagnostic. it's almost comical, except i've been in tears for the last two hours. on the last practice test that i took before the real deal, i got a 12 verbal.

I'm right there with you. I have a pretty good GPA and two years of research, so I really wanted to apply to MSTP, but I got a 28M (9,9,10). Looks like my chances are pretty much gone...but I guess stranger things have happened...

Dont do that, I got a 24P in april and now a 23O in August. My GPA is 3.80PCPM and 3.83Overall. I dont know what do again about the MCAT and I know I am not dumb. It is terrible but I got an interview invite at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine on Monday even before scores came out. Still apply cos with your research.. you never know. My 2 cents:D