Form CN??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harcar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see CN listed anywhere yet... anyone out there have this test?

Members don't see this ad.

I had CN and most certainly did not enjoy it. the physical seemed a little tough, verbal good, but biological seemed so much more difficult than all the recent AAMC exams. i'm hoping everyone else felt the same way.

I had CN also.

Wasn't expecting 2 10-question passages, threw me off a little bit. Didn't get to two of the 5 question passages. I really wish I was a H NMR expert, that was all over that test

I thought it was tough too... and no joke about the NMR. Sad thing is, I usually understand NMR's, but these were def not straight forward.

I nearly panicked when I realized the BS section had 11 passages!! I always heard, you're unlucky if you get 11 on the PS - so when I saw that, I thought "great, but at least there's no way I'll have 11 on the BS now... ". No such luck!!

Have to say, I also thought the VR was more difficult than usual - so many research-based passages. Usually verbal is my strongest section and I'm not too sure about yesterday... Ah well, I'm just trying to unwind and be happy that it's behind me for now!!

It also seems like form CN wasn't that common... does anyone know how that works... are the tests evenly distributed?

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm not sure how the forms are distributed. i really feel disappointed with the test, did any of you guys think it was significantly more difficult than usual?

I had form CR which should be basically the same as any C form. It seems that most people who have posted anything about a form C test did not find it easy. Do you guys agree?

I thought the BS and PS were a more difficult than other AAMC tests but VR was okay.

I am a "glass is half empty" kind of person but I'm feeling worse and worse about the test by the minute. I had pretty high hopes for my score because I did get a 35 on AAMC 6R. I keep dwelling on the passages I found difficult. Any advice on how to get this off my mind for the next 2 months? :(

morriske said:
I had form CR which should be basically the same as any C form. It seems that most people who have posted anything about a form C test did not find it easy. Do you guys agree?

I thought the BS and PS were a more difficult than other AAMC tests but VR was okay.

I am a "glass is half empty" kind of person but I'm feeling worse and worse about the test by the minute. I had pretty high hopes for my score because I did get a 35 on AAMC 6R. I keep dwelling on the passages I found difficult. Any advice on how to get this off my mind for the next 2 months? :(

the best thing would prolly be to quit looking at the MCAT forum on SDN. I guess thats what I'm gonna have to do also.

i definetely agree. the physical and biological were tougher than 6,7,8 and 9r.

hey all, hope everyone did well on the MCATs. I had test form CN and i must say it was harder then any of the AAMC tests i have taken. The verbal sucked b/c there were 2 10 question passages which i was not expecting, and i definately thought the bio was also much harder. Anyways hope everything goes well. Do u kno if they curve according to different test forms??

I'm 90% sure that they do curve the test based on form. I read that in a pdf file on the AAMC/MCAT website.