Form CN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoomn

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there have this form? What did you guyz think about the verbal section? Bio was a killer (passage X, XI). Other that, I think I did pretty well. :) It is OVER....:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I had form CT, but perhaps it was similar to yours. Was one of your last two bio passages about microtubules, intermediate fibers, and microfilaments? If so, I would agree that it was an extremely difficult passage. Check my thread ("Form CT") if you're curious about what I thought of the rest of the test.

I had CP; it sounds similar (or the same as?) to yours.

Verbal was a little tricky maybe, but not too bad, in my opinion.

I found physical to be hard, not quite what I was expecting. A relatively heavy focus on enthalpy/Gibbs free energy stuff, in my opinion, and not quite as much of a cross-section of the available topics in comparison to practice tests I've taken. My score could seriosly go any way from really bad to really good. I'm just praying for "decent" :) .

For the most part, bio was easier than I was expecting. Very little organic chem. That last microtubule passage was definitely the hardest but I felt that I was making good guesses. But it was so weird how the questions focused on the passages! I usually go straight to the questions and refer back to the passage only when necessary, but they kept asking the passages' main ideas and questions that totally relied on the text and not our knowledge and whatnot! WTF was that?! It definitely slowed me down, but I was still able to finish, thankfully.

Overall feelings: GLAD IT'S OVER!!! Now I must try to push it out of my mind until score time rolls around.

I had CS - I remember that stuff about the microtubules!

Verbal started with a passage about clinical depression and social support.. it was ok.. the questions may have been slightly harder than, say, AAMC III.

I didn't think Physical Sciences was that bad - had time left over to check answers.. there was just that question about naming complex ions that I didn't get :/

Writing Sample - I got the technology vs creativity and competition vs cooperation that a lot of people seemed to get too.. didn't really have time to explore implications fully, but I did manage to fill 2 1/2 pages each with my mad scribbling (hope it's legible!) Just glad I didn't get some philosophical/ethical type passage :p

Biological Sciences I didn't like so much - it was the one that started out with a passage about rhodopsin gene pedigrees. There were at least three organic chemistry passages along with some independent questions.. could not for the life of me remember the stereochemistry of Br2 or H2 adding to alkenes.. and D2O affects the NMR of an acidic hydrogen, but what about CDCl3? A lot of experiments and theories to wade through at the end of a long day as well.

Ah well, it's over and hopefully we never have to write it again.. my best feeling is about the Physical Sciences section that day, worst the Biological.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had CG...I guess all of the C forms are the same. I lucked out because I've done research with microtubules and have taken a bunch of vision classes (rhodopsin thing).

Did you guys feel that there was a lot less physics and a lot more gchem on the physical sciences?

I feel the same way that you do, lactic, I felt much better about physical than I ever have and much worse about bio! Hopefully it'll balance out?!?

Originally posted by CoffeeCat
Did you guys feel that there was a lot less physics and a lot more gchem on the physical sciences?

YES!! And I worked so hard getting all my physics down cold because I have always had a harder time with physics than with chemistry. Looks like I should have spent more time refreshing on the chem.

Originally posted by SouthernGirl

YES!! And I worked so hard getting all my physics down cold because I have always had a harder time with physics than with chemistry. Looks like I should have spent more time refreshing on the chem.

I know! I worked so hard on physics to the point of excluding ochem, my other slightly-less weak point. OOPS! There was a bunch of OChem I didn't recognize, unfortunately. At least I'm a good guesser??