Form CT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrScottie33

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone took form CT. Personally, I thought the verbal was somewhat tricky. There were several fairly complex passages, and the less detailed passages seemed to be accompanied by pretty difficult questions. Physical was reasonable, and in my opinion was a fair representation of the practice tests (TPR and AAMC) that I have used during my studying. Bio, however, was considerably more difficult than any practice test I had taken. Unlike the AAMC practice tests, there were very few questions that required simple regurgitation of scientific knowledge. There were an abnormally large number of questions regarding experiments presented in the passage (which I believe to be one of the more difficult types of questions) and also a few questions unlike any I had seen before in the practice science sections. For example, the very first question of the bio section was "What is the main idea of the passage?" I could have sworn that I already suffered through 85 minutes of verbal at 8:30 this morning.

Members don't see this ad.

DrScottie you are absolutely right about the CT exam form. I also felt that the verbal reasoning section was tricky. I was pleased with the physical science part but the biology, give me a break. I believe that biology is one of my strong points. What was up with that first passage. I also felt that no practice exam could have prepared me for the biology section including the aamc. What do you guys think the scale will be. Do they curve all the forms or by single exam.

I'm glad that I'm not alone. I had been diligently preparing for the past three months and scoring in the mid-30's on the practice tests. However, I certainly did not feel confident about the biology section and parts of the verbal. What is really frustrating is that I honestly have no idea what else I could have done to better prepare.

Anyway, it's my understanding that the exams are scaled according to individual forms, not by an overall mean. To me it only seems fair, since not all forms are created equally. Hopefully the majority found this particular test as difficult as we did (and hopefully the curve will reflect it accordingly). If anyone knows otherwise, please feel free to correct me.

yo guys i didnt have ct but i had a form that was exactly like yours and i know exactly what you mean...that exam was tough as hell..what was the point of puttin verbal on the bio section..seriously what was all that..verbal was pretty tough to..that chinese avandgart and crap..what was that..physics was aight..but i dont know man..this test sucks..you know i really wish the AAMC practice stuff would be a lil more representative of the test..cause the actual mcat's are very different. i really hope this curve is lenient and i hope everyone felt the same we did..i also was averaging 33-34 on the practice tests...i personally was very dissappointed..well just gotta wait till october..

Originally posted by cccc
yo guys i didnt have ct but i had a form that was exactly like yours and i know exactly what you mean...that exam was tough as hell..what was the point of puttin verbal on the bio section..seriously what was all that..verbal was pretty tough to..that chinese avandgart and crap..what was that..physics was aight..but i dont know man..this test sucks..you know i really wish the AAMC practice stuff would be a lil more representative of the test..cause the actual mcat's are very different. i really hope this curve is lenient and i hope everyone felt the same we did..i also was averaging 33-34 on the practice tests...i personally was very dissappointed..well just gotta wait till october..

Hey, it's curved right? It's the curve that saved me in undergrad and I'm sure that the curve will pull us though once again!!