Form DG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I to A

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Verbal: OK

PS: Hard (a lot of calculations, a lot of "which of the following is NOT true", hard to balance equations)

BS: OK

Anyone else had this form yesterday ?

Members don't see this ad.

hey,
i had DG as well...
i thought the verbal was okay besides the Darwin passage and the philosophical vs. speculative history passage.
i thought PS was okay except for a lot of unnecessary balancing and time consuming calculations.
i thought bio was really hard...the orgo was okay, but bio was REALLY difficult for me, esp. the passage on the mice tumor cells...i had no clue what it was talking about.
i really can't tell how i did at all....could've gone either way.
did you think the bio was hard?

I am the complete opposite, i thought that the verbal was pretty hard and tricky, I too thought PS was pretty hard also. But bio I completely rocked, all of them were easy and the orgo was easy too. I just hope my 14 in bio compensates for my 6 and 6 in verbal and physical.

Hello,

Found the passage on Darwin and History hard. But did not spend too much time there (it could have been in Latin and I am sure that I will get the same no. of questions right!).

PS: For some reason chlorine and the other reaction where we had to find the liters of gas never balanced, (may be it would have outside of the exam constraints) so I went with 112 liters and 134 liters. The one on the arctic ice and hydrogen entropy-did not make sense. The one where they wanted Delta H, I just picked the ones where both values were positive. Sound Intensity had more math (calculate the I at which B=something).
Free standing questions seemed to have even more math. Compares to yesterday AAMC 6 was child's play.

BIO: I am not a bio major so hard to tell. I picked the answers that made the most sense (in other words I guessed). Most organic was straight forward. Some weird ones were there. Aspirin had both Carb. acid and ester and asked to choose between both for the func. group question-that was strange. H NMR-who cares. I found the cell division passage (the last few questions were hard-growth factors, et al). Asthma, Ca passage, were the easier ones. Retinosa Pigmentosa or whatever that is took a long time.

AAMC 6-I made 8, 10-11, 10-11. If I get the same numbers I would be happy.

Members don't see this ad :)
On behalf of all DG'ers, I would like to organize a boycott of all of Georgia O'Keefe's painitings. She can stay in the plains of the Texas panhandle and rot for all I care. :D

I also had DG.

Verbal was okay, i also thought the Darwin passage was relatively difficult. And the passage on history and philosophy was ridiculous.

PS Section - I thought it was good. I found it much easier than the Kaplan tests that I had taken. But I had dificulty trying to solve for the liters from the given amount of moles.

bS section- by far the most frustrating section for me. Organic was okay, but the majority of the bio passages concentrated on genetics. I really don't know how i did.

tedstriker,
well, i have good news for you...from what i have been hearing, it seems like that georgia o'keefe passage was our experimental passage. i personally thought that one was the easiest out of the nine passages, so i'm a bit bummed, but oh well.
i heard that all forms that start with D and C got 8 of the same verbal passages. the one passage that was different on each form was the experimental....

Thanks for the update--the ban is lifted!

http://www.happyshadows.com/okeeffe/

:clap:

Originally posted by phatty925
tedstriker,
well, i have good news for you...from what i have been hearing, it seems like that georgia o'keefe passage was our experimental passage. i personally thought that one was the easiest out of the nine passages, so i'm a bit bummed, but oh well.
i heard that all forms that start with D and C got 8 of the same verbal passages. the one passage that was different on each form was the experimental....

tedstriker,
where'd you take the test in boston??
i took mine at BC...just wondering if we took it in the same room?!

I am also a fellow DG'er

I thought verbal was rather easy (I'm bummed about the Georgia O'keeffe too, I thought that was one of the easier ones)

PS did have a lot of lengthy claculations. For the first time in 11 timed full lengths I did not finish.

BS I thought totally blew chunks. The Orgo was easy but for me the bio was harder than any of the full lenghts I have taken.

Agree that the painting passage was one among the "easier" ones on our form. Hope they drop either the Darwin or the Spec. Philosophy passage.

Originally posted by phatty925
tedstriker,
where'd you take the test in boston??
i took mine at BC...just wondering if we took it in the same room?!

Oh, I took my test out in apple pickin' country (Atlantic Union College in S. Lancaster, MA). I bought my maw some peaches at a roadside stand on my way back. Giddyup! ;)

P.S. There was no A/C and it was sweltering hot in the test room--I'm advising against ANYONE who doesn't have to schlep out to S. Lancaster to take the MCAT there...I only took it there because it's the only place in MA that offers a Sunday test