Form DM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

larkrose

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think the PS was quite hard compared to practice tests? Verbal seemed average, and can't really ever tell with BS, although the organic passages were pretty difficult, once again in comparison with practice exams..

Members don't see this ad.

The mcat is just like my organic class...All the students depend on practice tests b4 we take the actual test. We eventually ace the practice test but then when you take the actual test, the professor knows how to put something new on the test each and every time. Probably similar to how the mcat is. They find a way to put something new or different on there each and every time and force you to think about it. Knowing how to do all these "trivial" questions may not save you on the mcat :( .

The physical science was definitely harder than the practice exams, but I was expecting that. I thought verbal was decent, and bio was like the practice exams. Also, I thought the physical science had way too much physics. I dunno, I can't even recall the topics-- too tired!!! :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
PS was on the tougher side. What was up with the avalanche passage? Kinda threw me a little. I thought verbal was OK. I actually was cruising along just fine through the first half or so of VR until I got to the two monster passages (8-10 question ones). I spent a little more time on those than I should have, but still finished on time. Bio was decent. I definitely liked how there were only three organic passages, one of which was more bio-relevant (peptide bonds, etc.).

Hrm, I was the exact opposite of everyone. I really thought PS wasn't too bad, actually fairly straight forward. Some tough questions of course but right on par with the AAMC exams.

Verbal I thought was one of the easier sections I had taken for verbal in a long time. I always had trouble finishing and this I finished right on time. I felt actually pretty good about it, but who knows.

The BS section was the death of me I thought. I finished all my WS on time and really early so I had plenty of time to relax and prepare for BS, but I found the passages to be alot more of applied knowledge then anything else. It almost felt like verbal/bio section more than anything, and somewhat very complex. I'm hoping for my regular score, but wouldn't be surprised at an 8.