Form DM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCurious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this form. PS was a sharp kick in the groin, and thats my power section. Have gotten no less then a 12 on AAMC's 3-9 and got 13's on 8 and 9. Now im praying for an 11. Anyone else with similar opinion?

Verbal was not that bad, and its the section I suck at. I was able to finish which is a first for me.

Bio I was totally preapred for alot of development, and bingo there it was.

Overall feel mediocre. Ironically I feel like my strongest section may be my weakest score, but maybe the curve will be nice. We shall see in 60 days.

Members don't see this ad.

PS was such a suprise, i was constantly getting 12-13 on the practice tests and now after this one i was estimating 9!!!!!!!!!!! it was really though and it was because i screwed up the timing somehow, man was that "heat passage" was straigt from hell, and usually that stuff is easy... I hope i get a great curve. The verbal i thought was easier then usual and i was timed well... so i really dont know...cuz verbal you never really know. Bio was easy because i literally had one orgo passage... but that being said i couldnt help but screw up my timing on it ... and i usually finish 20 mins early on the bs section.. Im just hoping for one big curve...
I hope i dont have to take this damn thing again... i was scoring 33-35 consistently on the practice tests but breaking 30 might be a feat this time around.

Same problem as you guys.

PS was insane. I tooo was scoring 12-13 on Practice tests, wtf was up with the rutherford and heat passage...?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh! While I was taking the PS, the proctor tapped me on the shoulder to get my admission ticket off the floor and hand it to her. Then she stood over my shoulder for a good few minutes while writing something down. I don't know about you, but that was enough to break my concentration. After that, I flipped out because I knew I wouldn't have enough time, and I started skipping around for the passages without concentrating too much, and nearly all the passages were difficult. Not only the solar panel one, but pendulum exhibiting 2 other physics concepts was too much for me. I'm praying for a 8 right now b/c I know PS is my weakest area, but I'm pretty sure I rocked the bio and verbal.

The PS was definitely much harder than any practice tests I've taken. Verbal was as usual, a few hard passages where you have no idea either what the passage is talking about or what the question is asking. Bio was really strange, very little orgo. I normally finish with 7-8 mins to spare in bio but not this time. Some of those bio passages took a very long time. One of them sounded like a excerpt from a molecular bio journal or something; ridiculously convoluted. Overall, have no idea how I did.

berlog said:
The PS was definitely much harder than any practice tests I've taken. Verbal was as usual, a few hard passages where you have no idea either what the passage is talking about or what the question is asking. Bio was really strange, very little orgo. I normally finish with 7-8 mins to spare in bio but not this time. Some of those bio passages took a very long time. One of them sounded like a excerpt from a molecular bio journal or something; ridiculously convoluted. Overall, have no idea how I did.

i think that rat hair one was from a 2004 Nature. if it wasnt that one, one of the passages was

Yah, after this MCAT, I was just left with an uneasy feeling. Not quite sure what to think of it. It's just those some of those passages were difficult. Even after reading it twice, coming back again since I managed to have time to spare, and you still dont have a clear grasp on what the heck they are talking about.

Although, I'm comforted by one thing, other than the annoying verbal passage(behavior or whatever), the passages in PS and BS have questions that were pseudo-discrete where the passage may have helped, but wasnt really necessary to answer the question. So it wasnt a complete bomb.

shwin said:
i think that rat hair one was from a 2004 Nature. if it wasnt that one, one of the passages was

sounds like it because i must have reread that passage like 5 times because i couldn't keep all the acronyms straight in my head.

berlog said:
sounds like it because i must have reread that passage like 5 times because i couldn't keep all the acronyms straight in my head.

ditto over here, my brain was too fried.

I even tried drawing all of it out, still not enough. You only have so much time.

the only people who are complaining about it so far is us... either we got screwed or theyll curve... i dont know... the verbal seemed easy a little too easy... and only one orgo question ... heck yeah... now if only the curved the hell out of ps and everything would be sweet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, PS was just ridonkulous. There were so many theoretical questions that I barely used any equations at all. And what's up with the lack of chemistry at all.. 1 ochem, and only a couple gchem. I am kicking myself after everybody in April talked about how heavily genetics-based the test was, and then bam, same thing on this one.

PS has got to be curved nicely, considering it seems to be so much harder than in all the other forms..

I have never had a PS section where I couldnt figure out how I did, i think AAMC made a mistake and thought there were 2 verbal sections... :scared:

shwin said:
why does no one else have this form?

I thought PS was freakin' hard. verbal easier than usual. BS came from out of nowhere...why no ochem?

Biological Science had tons of organic which some were easy but other seem like it was on a phd level. there were about 17 total orgo question

I was consistent with 12's on the AAMC practice tests in PS. But that section rocked me on Saturday. Won't be surprised with an 8 or 9. Didn't even get to a passage. Has anyone expressed confidence with form DM PS?

I also got no less than 12 on any practice, 13 on the last 2 tests. And now am scare beyond believe after that PS section, I was suppose to dominate it not it have dominate me.....

The other sections were also difficult, probably harder then aamc stuff, but after the PS they didnt seem as bad.

I hope we get a wicked sweet curve.

Out of curiousity, where is everyone from? It seemed that a lot of the people in my testing center had M as the second letter.

Winnipeg. Wrote over at RRC.

I was in nyc.

So the consensus is the PS was insane, verbal normal, and BS also hard but not crazy like PS?

Ugh I hate this test.

On a side note I now hate solar cells and rutherford.

reading this post makes me feel much better. i thought PS was hard too. i was scoring 12-13 on all AAMC practice tests. It was the first time i had to completely guess on some problems, not even knowing where to begin trying to solve them. i thought verbal wasn't that bad, but i can never tell with verbal. and bio sci also was no suprise. besides the fact that there was only about 9 orgo questions...

Yea apprently gen chem and orgo were just not tests on DM, haha 2 years of chemistry and we get maybe 25/214 questions. If you think about it, there are 60 verbal question and only 25 inorgo/orgo haha, thats sad and funni at the same time.