1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Form EM (I didn't see one!)

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Freakingzooming, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Freakingzooming

Freakingzooming Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Well so i just realized that I missed one of the easiest question. it was on the BS section, what do eukaryotes and prokaryotes have in common:

I. plasma membrane
    II. mitochondria
    III. ER.

I think I put down II, thinking that the question was asking, what do they have in difference... Did I remember thsi question correctly? Tell me that it was asking about the difference between the two cells.

Did anyone get that grapheme question? Anyone hate verbal as much as I did?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. liverotcod

liverotcod Lieutenant Crunch
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It would be II and III for differences, but as I recall it asked for similarity. In the synesthesia passage, I think grapheme referred to an element of the written word. I agonized over that one, though.

4. berkeleyjess

berkeleyjess Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I think the answer for what they have in common was the fourth option (although I don't remember what it was, maybe nucleoid region?)

In terms of verbal, yes I hate it and no, I could not figure out that question since I didn't really understand the passage to which it belonged.

The whole exam seems like a blur.

5. Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member

Wait so liverotcod, you had form EM? For the ball tossing question, if you toss it and it flies back at you... elastically.. what is the net change in momentum?

Also why does the pan of water, continue to have waves after you move it and set it down?

6. berkeleyjess

5+ Year Member

never mind my suggestion about nucleiod region, it makes no sense.

7. Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member

I wasn't sure if there was a nucleiod region either too.

I can't believe I missed such a stupid question like that one.

Shoot. Hey by the way, my name is also Jess.

8. liverotcod

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No, I had EG, but we must have had some passages in common. I had the synesthesia passage in VR, and wasn't that a stand alone question on prokaryotes vs eukaryotes? Anyway, I had the waves/pan of water passage too, which I think was the trickiest in PS. I think I chose conservation of momentum for the question you mention, but what were the choices?

9. berkeleyjess

5+ Year Member

Luckily, my memory of the test is so bad that I cannot torment myself by remembering questions I missed. I only cause myself pain by reading questions that others can remember on this site. I know I shouldn't, but it is impossible to not read the posts about missed questions.

10. Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member

I think it was a) gravitational b) conservation of energy c) conservation of momentum d) none of the above?

I think I put down conservation of momentum too. I can't believe I f-ed up that question about euk. and prok. I really hope I read the question correctly cuz that wouldve totally axed my chances.

hey liverotcod- I saw your prediction for your score... you don't feel the veerbal was difficult? I thought the only way I could meet my potential is if everyone else felt the same way with me.

11. liverotcod

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Don't get me wrong: I *always* think verbal is difficult. However, in practice I must have guessed right on the tough call questions, because I scored well even though it seemed hard. So, the prediction was assuming that I had approximately the same luck in the real thing, which didn't seem any more or less hard than, say, 6R.

12. fun8stuff

fun8stuff *hiding from patients*
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I had form EH and that question. I put I for what they have similar. I also had that verbal passage. I can hardly remember it though

13. fun8stuff

15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I had EH, but I didnt have these physics quesitons... not that i remember anyways

but it sounds like we had similar verbal and i thought the verbal was easier than normal.

14. DrThom

DrThom Thundercat
    15+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I had form EG and I had both the pro/euk and the synthesia passage.

For the Pro/Euk:

It did ask for similarities and the one thing was the plasma membrane. Prokaryotes don't have membrane bound organelles.

Synthesia passage:

All i remember from that one is the question about which of these words would produce the same color response.

not/knot
    scene/seen
    knew/keen

Words like that, I choose the one that started with the saem letter cause that is what the passage said produced the response

The other question I remember is what of there stimulus would produce a synthesia response and I choose seeing the word trumpet and hearing a loud note.

The pan of water passage (seiches) was pretty tough. I also chose conversation of momentum.

15. fun8stuff

15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Good memory, I also picked the same for the first question.

Do you remember the other choices to the second question? If I remember correctly it was the last question of the set. I can;t quite remember what choice I picked.