• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2002
Visit site
Status
Well so i just realized that I missed one of the easiest question. it was on the BS section, what do eukaryotes and prokaryotes have in common:

I. plasma membrane
II. mitochondria
III. ER.

I think I put down II, thinking that the question was asking, what do they have in difference... Did I remember thsi question correctly? Tell me that it was asking about the difference between the two cells.

Did anyone get that grapheme question? Anyone hate verbal as much as I did?

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
It would be II and III for differences, but as I recall it asked for similarity. In the synesthesia passage, I think grapheme referred to an element of the written word. I agonized over that one, though.

berkeleyjess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Berkeley
Status
I think the answer for what they have in common was the fourth option (although I don't remember what it was, maybe nucleoid region?)

In terms of verbal, yes I hate it and no, I could not figure out that question since I didn't really understand the passage to which it belonged.

The whole exam seems like a blur.

About the Ads

Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2002
Visit site
Status
liverotcod said:
It would be II and III for differences, but as I recall it asked for similarity. In the synesthesia passage, I think grapheme referred to an element of the written word. I agonized over that one, though.

Wait so liverotcod, you had form EM? For the ball tossing question, if you toss it and it flies back at you... elastically.. what is the net change in momentum?

Also why does the pan of water, continue to have waves after you move it and set it down?

Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2002
Visit site
Status
berkeleyjess said:
never mind my suggestion about nucleiod region, it makes no sense.
I wasn't sure if there was a nucleiod region either too.

I can't believe I missed such a stupid question like that one.

Shoot. Hey by the way, my name is also Jess.

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
No, I had EG, but we must have had some passages in common. I had the synesthesia passage in VR, and wasn't that a stand alone question on prokaryotes vs eukaryotes? Anyway, I had the waves/pan of water passage too, which I think was the trickiest in PS. I think I chose conservation of momentum for the question you mention, but what were the choices?

berkeleyjess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Berkeley
Status
Luckily, my memory of the test is so bad that I cannot torment myself by remembering questions I missed. I only cause myself pain by reading questions that others can remember on this site. I know I shouldn't, but it is impossible to not read the posts about missed questions.

Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2002
Visit site
Status
liverotcod said:
No, I had EG, but we must have had some passages in common. I had the synesthesia passage in VR, and wasn't that a stand alone question on prokaryotes vs eukaryotes? Anyway, I had the waves/pan of water passage too, which I think was the trickiest in PS. I think I chose conservation of momentum for the question you mention, but what were the choices?
I think it was a) gravitational b) conservation of energy c) conservation of momentum d) none of the above?

I think I put down conservation of momentum too. I can't believe I f-ed up that question about euk. and prok. I really hope I read the question correctly cuz that wouldve totally axed my chances.

hey liverotcod- I saw your prediction for your score... you don't feel the veerbal was difficult? I thought the only way I could meet my potential is if everyone else felt the same way with me.

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Don't get me wrong: I *always* think verbal is difficult. However, in practice I must have guessed right on the tough call questions, because I scored well even though it seemed hard. So, the prediction was assuming that I had approximately the same luck in the real thing, which didn't seem any more or less hard than, say, 6R.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Freakingzooming said:
Well so i just realized that I missed one of the easiest question. it was on the BS section, what do eukaryotes and prokaryotes have in common:

I. plasma membrane
II. mitochondria
III. ER.

I think I put down II, thinking that the question was asking, what do they have in difference... Did I remember thsi question correctly? Tell me that it was asking about the difference between the two cells.

Did anyone get that grapheme question? Anyone hate verbal as much as I did?
I had form EH and that question. I put I for what they have similar. I also had that verbal passage. I can hardly remember it though

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Freakingzooming said:
Wait so liverotcod, you had form EM? For the ball tossing question, if you toss it and it flies back at you... elastically.. what is the net change in momentum?

Also why does the pan of water, continue to have waves after you move it and set it down?
I had EH, but I didnt have these physics quesitons... not that i remember anyways

but it sounds like we had similar verbal and i thought the verbal was easier than normal.

DrThom

Thundercat
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2003
Using sight beyond sight...
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I had form EG and I had both the pro/euk and the synthesia passage.

For the Pro/Euk:

It did ask for similarities and the one thing was the plasma membrane. Prokaryotes don't have membrane bound organelles.

Synthesia passage:

All i remember from that one is the question about which of these words would produce the same color response.

not/knot
scene/seen
knew/keen

Words like that, I choose the one that started with the saem letter cause that is what the passage said produced the response

The other question I remember is what of there stimulus would produce a synthesia response and I choose seeing the word trumpet and hearing a loud note.

The pan of water passage (seiches) was pretty tough. I also chose conversation of momentum.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
DrThom said:
Synthesia passage:

All i remember from that one is the question about which of these words would produce the same color response.

not/knot
scene/seen
knew/keen

Words like that, I choose the one that started with the saem letter cause that is what the passage said produced the response

The other question I remember is what of there stimulus would produce a synthesia response and I choose seeing the word trumpet and hearing a loud note.
Good memory, I also picked the same for the first question.

Do you remember the other choices to the second question? If I remember correctly it was the last question of the set. I can;t quite remember what choice I picked.

About the Ads