Form EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evescadeceus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Physics:

About as difficult as the April exam (which most on SDN seemed to agree was difficult). No fluid or optics questions at all. Slightly more than half g chem.

Verbal:

A little more difficult than the version of the exam I got in April. There is always a linguistics passage on languages. First passage contrasts Aristotle/Platonic approaches to theater, and throws Ibsen in for good measure. Questions on passage about evolution of turtles were a little weird.

Bio:

Holy god(dess)! Y do they have to be so mean? This passage was significantly more difficult than the version I got in April. Experiment passages were much longer and more difficult - start reviewing parasymp/sympathetic and cardiac output NOW, if you're taking it tomorrow.

All in all, retakers got screwed, I feel. Its going to be difficult to improve the April scores, because this version was more difficult overall. O well, que sera...

Members don't see this ad.

Physical Science was okay, I had to guess on four questions because of time.

VERBAL can *uck off. Holy Shi*. I have never had such long passages and hard ones as well. I did not finish a passage that had 10 questions, I am praying it was experiemental.

Bio sucked. I took 10 full length exams and this was by far the hardest. It was not the ochem (which is my weakeness) it was the bio. Three passages on heart, cardiac output and some discretes. I am wondering if a cardiologist helped put this test together. 35-40% of the bio was on heart and experiements.

Let the waiting and praying begin.

really?
i felt almost the opposite, i had a hard time with PS compared to practice exams, while i thought the verbal was pretty easy compared to the aamc onlines... BS was odd....

where you located? i took mine in portland, OR - form EM

Have you guys noticed at the end the Verbal section, there is a page with all the biograghical info of the passages. I found this helpful, since during the test I would flip to the back to see what the main idea of the passage was about, then I would flip back to the passages and continue reading. The passages were still pretty hard, especially that one about Plato/ Aristole/ Iduho.

Bio was hard. It was like I reading a cardiologist's textbook.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you guys answer on the Biological Session,

The discrete(independent) that delt with optical rotation. It was the only one on the entire test. It read something like this.

Given: alpha(sub-d) = -116 o in a racemic mixture... c = 4

Then there was two diagrams with bond between the second and third carbon fliped from D into L enantionmer. Then it the question ask what is the optical characteric of the other enantionmer? Does anyone remember this question?

If I remeber correctly the question never said enatiomer. At least I don't think it did. I thought it just asked what the other roatation would be, I thought the two molecules were diastemeros so i put could not be determined.