Form F stands for f***ing unfair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatsucks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All u FOrm Fers...After spending a whole summer studying ,,what was the point of that verbal...How can that be fair when other forms say theirs was just like the practice ones or just what they were expecting when in form F 8 out of 9 passsages were killers.How can the aamc people expect to say this is fair. Comments please What a waste of time
Mcatsucks

Members don't see this ad.

mcatsucks said:
All u FOrm Fers...After spending a whole summer studying ,,what was the point of that verbal...How can that be fair when other forms say theirs was just like the practice ones or just what they were expecting when in form F 8 out of 9 passsages were killers.How can the aamc people expect to say this is fair. Comments please What a waste of time
Mcatsucks

Lol At least I wasnt the only one. I definitely feel verbal for FG was the hard form. The first 3 passages had like 8-10 questions!! I think it got better as it went along. Totally feeling ya!! Anyone else feel the same?? Just think hopefully our test will have the bigger curve

oh yeah--that was a killer--I thought that it wasn't so much the questions--if you could get through the passages then most of the questions weren't that bad. I think we had one easy passage and the rest were hard. I usually rock verbal, but those passages were very difficult. Thank god I took all those philosophy classes........

What were the passages about? Philosophy? Do you think reading Sartre is good to prepare for those?

Members don't see this ad :)
pip00 said:
What were the passages about? Philosophy? Do you think reading Sartre is good to prepare for those?

I took a look at the bibliography and noticed that most of those passages were pretty old...one dated back to 1958; could have been the naval one. I'm not sure about the theory that the experimental is the most current passage cause I didn't see one from the 21st century.

Anyone have FL? PS was alright and BS was pretty tough. As for VR, that was ridiculous. I have never seen anything like that. I remember a passage on rap and another on bees and corn, i dont know...all i know is that i did not finish the freakin section.

r-doc said:
Anyone have FL? PS was alright and BS was pretty tough. As for VR, that was ridiculous. I have never seen anything like that. I remember a passage on rap and another on bees and corn, i dont know...all i know is that i did not finish the freakin section.

I actually came close to finishing which is rare for me since I always finish without having 1 passage done. I think, however, that I was speeding through those dense passages and I hope that is not going to cost me. That one about justice was a little nasty. Regarding adages, which one was the best?

NUKid said:
I actually came close to finishing which is rare for me since I always finish without having 1 passage done. I think, however, that I was speeding through those dense passages and I hope that is not going to cost me. That one about justice was a little nasty. Regarding adages, which one was the best?

Haha, I picked the adage about Truth or whatever (can't recall exactly). All I remember is that I had it narrowed down between B and D and I decide to f*ck it and put B and moved on so that I didn't run out of time for the rest of the section.

el.harpo said:
Haha, I picked the adage about Truth or whatever (can't recall exactly). All I remember is that I had it narrowed down between B and D and I decide to f*ck it and put B and moved on so that I didn't run out of time for the rest of the section.

I went with D because I thought B and C were saying basically the same thing
but now I can't even remember what D was...lol

pip00 said:

Hey--I think reading any kind of philosophy will help--but maybe if you could get a intro healthcare/bioethics textbook from the library or something? Something with a lot of different selections from different authors would be good; often different authors will argue different sides of an issue. Also you could read about the philosophy of justice. Basically it just helps you become familiar with the complex writing style to that when you come across a philosophy passage on the MCAT it won't seem so foreign.

I agree… verbal was ridiculous…but what can we do hopefully the curve will good….

NUKid do u go to northeastern?

It was terible. I thought my head would combust by the time I reached that fracking justice passage.
Of course you encounter the really tough passages while studying. But this one just seemed to be composed entirely of super difficult philosphy/history/anthropology passages.
I finished early, who knows what that means. But i'm already aware that I got certain questions wrong. For instance, the question about someone dreaming of death and/or flying for the sleep passage. That passage at least wasn't so bad....
I get usually 10/11 on verbal but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with like an 8 :(

HopeFaith said:
It was terible. I thought my head would combust by the time I reached that fracking justice passage.
Of course you encounter the really tough passages while studying. But this one just seemed to be composed entirely of super difficult philosphy/history/anthropology passages.
I finished early, who knows what that means. But i'm already aware that I got certain questions wrong. For instance, the question about someone dreaming of death and/or flying for the sleep passage. That passage at least wasn't so bad....
I get usually 10/11 on verbal but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with like an 8 :(

Hey--don't remember any passage about sleep/dreams????? Was that the main idea of the passage? Maybe that could have been an experimental passage or maybe our forms were slightly different?

Nikki2002 said:
Hey--don't remember any passage about sleep/dreams????? Was that the main idea of the passage? Maybe that could have been an experimental passage or maybe our forms were slightly different?

Thinking it was the experimental cause I had an F form and I don't remember any passage about sleep/dreams.

CopticFezz said:
I agree… verbal was ridiculous…but what can we do hopefully the curve will good….

NUKid do u go to northeastern?

Graduated 2004. PM me for more info/if you are a current student

well sleep/dreams was part of the passage.
It was the one about Frued and his perception of the meaning of dreams and the subconcious.

HopeFaith said:
well sleep/dreams was part of the passage.
It was the one about Frued and his perception of the meaning of dreams and the subconcious.

Must have been experimental cause I didn't have a Freud passage. Did you have one that talked about Silent Springs by Carson?

NUKid said:
Must have been experimental cause I didn't have a Freud passage. Did you have one that talked about Silent Springs by Carson?

No, I don't remember that one at all.
Hmm, what's an experimental passage?

HopeFaith said:
No, I don't remember that one at all.
Hmm, what's an experimental passage?

The passage that doesn't count towards your score...they just use it to test it out...although I thought I remember reading a post about a freud passage about dreams back in 2003 which would suggest it was not an experimental...who knows it's anybodys guess. Those people are just plain sneaky!

PS There are experimental passages for the PS and BS too

I had the Freud passage too. The one comparing the new sleep research with the old theories of Freud.

Yeah, I don't think the Freud one was necessarily experimental. I had a different form (FH) and I did get the Freud passage. Actually there were one or two other passages in some of the F forms that some people were talking about on here that I definitely didn't get in mine.
I think it's probably impossible to tell which passage will be the experimental. Although maybe since there seems to be some differences in the passages that were included in all of the similar forms (eg. all F forms get mostly the same passages but not all the same) the experimental one would be the passage that all people with similar forms got.

Does that make sense? Probably not.

jmnykrkts said:
Yeah, I don't think the Freud one was necessarily experimental. I had a different form (FH) and I did get the Freud passage. Actually there were one or two other passages in some of the F forms that some people were talking about on here that I definitely didn't get in mine.
I think it's probably impossible to tell which passage will be the experimental. Although maybe since there seems to be some differences in the passages that were included in all of the similar forms (eg. all F forms get mostly the same passages but not all the same) the experimental one would be the passage that all people with similar forms got.

Does that make sense? Probably not.

I had FL and I don't think it was on my test