Form FK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ya herd

Let's fighting love!!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok...so I haven't seen anyone talking about this one. Anyone else have this one?

PS: I was dumbfounded...it started out simple enough with the 8 step passage of energy transfer...Then it all started rolling. A lot of magnetism, circuity, and fluid stuff. How many times did I get an answer not listed ??

VR: After trying to shake off the PS, VR was about average as far as verbal sections go. The poem critic passage was tough for me...!

BS: I didn't think it was too bad...I was most confident about this section, meaning that there most likely will be a tiny curve and my dumb mistakes will kill my score...! :laugh:

Until October..............FK it, who cares?

Members don't see this ad.

I had form FK.

PS: This wasn't all too bad. I was able to finish in time and go back to ones I wasn't sure about to confirm my answers. I really liked that the magnetism section had too questions that were plug n' chug....magnetism not being one of my favorite topics. it had a serious defiency in gen chem questions though.....which also happens to be my strongest :(

VR: I had a lot of trouble with this section. I usually do good on VR, but these passages all seemed to have answers that were really similar. on aamc practice materials, there was one key detail that distinguished the wrong answers from the right one, but this didn't seem to be the case. art critic one was difficult. the readings weren't bad, just the questions were :mad:

BS: Not that bad, although the alkylated DNA passage was extremely dense. orgo was very limited, and had fairly easy solutions in light of the complexity of the passages. Had a little bit of trouble with the actin and bacterial budding passage. couldn't figure out whether too much flexibility or rigidity prevented budding (and they asked that twice too!)

yeah, so basically to sum it up, I bombed verbal.

PS: I totally agree, but I think everyone thinks this section or at least this form's PS was tough. I had about 5 answers that I was confident about but couldn't find the value as one of the answer choices. I guessed on about 15 and I'm sure i made stupid errors on at least another 10. Usually I manage about 15-20 wrong, 10 or 11 score, but this time I would guess I got at least 30 wrong.

VR: the stuff about critics was a 5 minute guess passage for me, just couldn't do it. Otherwise, it was very similar to aamc tests ive taken (except test 7 which was much harder). Nice, short passages no more than 1.5 pages of words , usually less.

BS: very little orgo and pretty much all bio, finding answers based on material in the passages. I thought it was easy but I usually get alot of these passage based questions wrong when I think theyre easy. I felt good about bio though.

overall, physical was nothing like ive ever seen, questions much harder than even college physics test questions and definitely about 10X harder than aamc physical - which I thougth i had beaten before the test. oh well. hopefully a generous curve.

I got FK too..

PS: It was tough! This has been my strongest section all along (ave. 12), but the real one was a killer. I was so lost in that laser passing through the finger passage. That chem passage about UO2+ or something was hard too. About not finding the right answer in the questions... wtf was that all about???????? I think I had 3 where none of the answer choices matched my calc.. and I know I was right. I wasted so much time on them recalculating all the stuff 3 times :mad: I'm worried about this section. :(

VR: omg I thought I would mess this one up after the hard PS, but I finished all passages for the first time ever!! and with 1 1/2 minutes to spare. Usually I have 1 1/2 passages left over! hehe. I hope the curve isn't too tough though.

BS: I thought it was similar to all the practice tests I took. That ecology passage was dumb. You didn't have to know any bio to answer those questions (which I hate). It was just a verbal passage in disguise.

I hope the curve is generous in PS and not very strict in VR. That's all I wish :)

Members don't see this ad :)
FK here as well

PS: usually my strongest (got 13's and 14's on last diags), yet i think it owned me...i just couldn't get answers on alot of those math problems

VR: mediocre, finished, but wasn't to confident on some passages - no telling what the score will be

BS: easiest by far, feel confident about this one

I thought the verbal was brutal. I was getting 10s and 11s in practice. The literary critic passage was tough, but what the FK was with that question about the architechts...the one that asked which phrase best coincides with the main argument... the answers were like 'Cool to the point of chilly' and 'Cool lyricism'....and other wierd choices that made no sese...WTF was that???

Bio wasn't that bad, but I guessed a lot. Physical started out nice, but then got dirty. I never studied optics or electricity so I bombed it. Same with fluid mechanics. Writing sample cues were simple enough.

Flapeel said:
I thought the verbal was brutal. I was getting 10s and 11s in practice. The literary critic passage was tough, but what the FK was with that question about the architechts...the one that asked which phrase best coincides with the main argument... the answers were like 'Cool to the point of chilly' and 'Cool lyricism'....and other wierd choices that made no sese...WTF was that???

Bio wasn't that bad, but I guessed a lot. Physical started out nice, but then got dirty. I never studied optics or electricity so I bombed it. Same with fluid mechanics. Writing sample cues were simple enough.

haha...i started cracking up at the ridiculousness of it all by the time i came upon "cool to the point of being chilly". it was all downhill after that point.

what was the one about the time it takes the ball to fall to the ground? I figured v0, but the notation was confusing. doesn't the time it takes not depend on the velocity since it was all horizontal?

it didn't depend on velocity...v^0 = 1

question threw me off at first too

Ok, here is my assessment:

PS: i totally 100% bombed, i was a zombie for this section, never could focus; kept jumping all over the place and never felt comfortable with any of it; since i started off as an engineering student, i should have done well with this section as it presented on the test but i totally screwed it up big time; left the room 3 freaken times and it cost me close to 15 minutes; didn't finish the test and left 4 out...i know i did absolutely awful on it

VR: still hadn't recovered from PS and still couldn't deal with the passages, didn't finish this one either...ditto from above..left 3 out..usually do well on VR but definitely no chance of it this time.

BS: was feeling quite a bit better and could finally focus and read the test; was disappointed there was almost no orgo since i had just completed my orgo course and felt confident about those...butr since everyone else thinks this section was easy, there goes any curve...

i feel so awful about this exam i can still hardly even talk about it...and yet i can't think of anything else :(

Left the room? Why?

PS: I got creamed on this one. I spent way too much time calculating and coming up w/figures that were not answer choices. At 5 min. warning I still had about 15 q's left!!! This never happened to this extent on any of the practice tests I have taken, where I would finish and still have about 10 minutes to go back and check over. On practice tests I miss from 20-30 q's. I feel like there were only 6 or 7 q's I knew answers to on FK.

VR: Psgs were not too bad, but the q's were strange. I chose "cool lyricism". Why, I dunno. I usually finish VR with time to spare, and on practice score at 10-11. At the 5 min warning on FK I had 1.5 passages to go. No chance to go back and check. Oh well.

BS: My strongest area, not so on FK. This is the only section that I finished with time to spare so that I could go back and check. I read over the tougher stuff, alkylated DNA and that other genes psg. I changed (hopefully corrected) about 3-4 q's that seemed wrong. Organic was very easy on this section to me.

WS: nothing remarkable here, except I thought of better things to write at the warnings on both essays, but didn't have time to rewrite.

i ended up with a UTI and had to go pee a few times...really hurt me with time on all sections pretty much..ugh

yea after the first practice test i never had a problem with time...this one destroyed me...didn't have the 120 minutes you speak about to double check on my practices either but always had some time

I took form FK in Missouri. Where did the rest of you guys take the exam? I am just wondering if the tests are concentrated in specific areas or if the exam is located at every site across america. Thanks

aug2004 said:
I took form FK in Maine. Where did the rest of you guys take the exam? I am just wondering if the tests are concentrated in specific areas or if the exam is located at every site across america. Thanks

I had form FK in IL

aug2004 said:
I took form FK in Maine. Where did the rest of you guys take the exam? I am just wondering if the tests are concentrated in specific areas or if the exam is located at every site across america. Thanks
FK in GA...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember what was up with that passage on buckminsterfullerene? It was that soccer ball looking molecule. I just remember thinking the passage was hard but I do not recall the questions. Does anyone remember what the passage was like?

aug2004 said:
Does anyone remember what was up with that passage on buckminsterfullerene? It was that soccer ball looking molecule. I just remember thinking the passage was hard but I do not recall the questions. Does anyone remember what the passage was like?

ya i remember it. it wasn't too bad if i remember correctly. there were several diags that i took that had passages on it. plus in tpr in class compendium they also had a passage on it, so atleast i had seen it mutiple places. I don't remember any exact questions, but i thought it was might have taken some thinking but def wasn't one of the harder ones imo.

i had form FK in KS:

PS: i thought this section was tough (harder than any PS section i took on the kaplan full-length practice tests). i also thought it was strange that there were 3 different sections concerning lasers, something i had never encountered before.

VR: oh gosh--"cool to the point of being chilly"-- i almost forgot about this ridiculous question (and passage). that last passage about family incomes changing over time was also difficult

BS: i was relieved that this section was for the most part harmless; but i'm afraid of that damn curve.

every time i see this form it makes me think of the letters missing between the f and the k, b/c that's exactly how i felt about the test...how appropriate

Psycho Doctor said:
every time i see this form it makes me think of the letters missing between the f and the k, b/c that's exactly how i felt about the test...how appropriate

it was even more appropriate on test day

Do any of you think you may be unsatisfied with your verbal score? I skipped a passage and had a really tough time with the genetics and memes questions and the architects passage. What do you guys think now?

i can't remember any passages anymore, i've erased those damn things out of my mind

blebl34 said:
i can't remember any passages anymore, i've erased those damn things out of my mind

me took, for the most part. good riddance, might i add.

Not me... I even had a dream the other night involving the meme passage. I had form FH, which sounds similar to FK. For me, the verbal brings back good memories. I felt like I bombed the PS, so when I was taking the verbal I felt like it might make up for my terrible PS performance.

Interesting, perhaps I was looking too much for the answer that was correct. The passages were easy to read and understand, but the answers to the questions were VERY challenging. If you were paying close attention to the answer stems you would have noticed that you needed a deeper understanding of the passage than previous AAMC practice tests revealed? If you used a different strategy, maybe this did not matter. All in all, I am worried about this damn verbal section.