Form FM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tictaq

Never Follow
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody take form FM out there?

i thought verbal was easy
PS was relatively easy
and BS was the hardest

only like 15 orgo questions?!

Members don't see this ad.

I think I completed this form. I've been trying to shift my focus to anything and everything other than the MCAT.

PS: Easy.
VR: Difficult (special circumstances).
BS: Challenging, but certainly not difficult.

I left the test center at 5:30. The amount of processing time involved with the exam is simply excessive.

Most importantly, I have had the flu for four days now. I've spent five months studying for this exam, so there was no way I was going to let illness keep me away. My head was spinning through the verbal section, so I'm afraid that I performed poorly on it.

If you'd like to discuss details with me, you can find me on AIM: nintendowls

These next eight weeks are going to go by very slowly...

I thought that all of it was hard. They guy sitting next me was loudly sniffling and blowing his nose the entire time. I don't have a problem with a little noise, but this was excessive. So I am afraid that my concentration and focus were not as good as they could have been. I usually don't run out of time, but I was rushed for the PS and the VR. I'm nervous I didn't do as good as I had hoped.

i took FM.

i thought ps was easy. vr had its rough spots but overall ok.

bs came from hell.

Members don't see this ad :)
did any one else have this form? Surely there are others....

I took this form...I thought most of PS was similar to old test except for a few passages. There were some tricky questions in a few sections. I did not think it was easy (not like 5R's PS) but I guess it could have been worse.
VR- I thought this was probably similar to AAMC 8...thank god it was not as bad as AAMC 7's verbal!
BS- Horrible! Only 2 Organic passages and all Bio passages felt like Verbal! All that studying did not help me that much for this section!

Overall I was not very comfortable with how I did. Even all the "gunners" at my University were complaining about how different it was compared to AAMC practice tests. I just hope that I got over 28 so that I do not have to relive this terrible experience!

Bluemirage said:
BS- Horrible! Only 2 Organic passages and all Bio passages felt like Verbal! All that studying did not help me that much for this section!

Overall I was not very comfortable with how I did. Even all the "gunners" at my University were complaining about how different it was compared to AAMC practice tests. I just hope that I got over 28 so that I do not have to relive this terrible experience!

yeah, for real. i studied my ass off and it didnt seem to help all much for bio. BS seemed very different for this form compared to the other tests and practice tests i have taken. lets just hope many people did horrible so with the curve it wont be so bad.

The first passage was similar to one of the passages in AAMC 7 or 8
I'm still pissed off at myself for missing two easy questions in PS
I felt a little rushed in PS
it was easier than kaplan exams but some questions were kinda tricky

verbal i thought was straightforward and easy

BS was the most difficult I thought
some of the enzyme passages like the RB proteins and the TAZ protein
those were kinda confusing because you had to keep deducing which enzyme levels would go up/down

the orgo questions were also difficult
I also believe that all the studying for bio was not worth it

I took FM and feel pretty much inline with everyone else

PS was easy

VR was ok... i had to guess on the last few questions bc of time

BIO was hard as ****. i finishd it in time but am not 100% confident on some questions

RB proteins and the TAZ protein - Yea I found this passage very difficult. I think I had the whole concept wrong until the last 5 minutes of the exam and then I tried to correct the ones I had answered wrong with a limited amount of time.

And I just felt rushed for the PS and VR.

Hopefully we all did ok!

PS seemed easier than normal... lots of newtonian-ish physics.
VR... not sure
BS... taken by surprise. They should have called it GS for genetics. Kraplan really screwed me by failing to indicate there would be a lot of genetics on recent versions....

yah,

PS was too easy. Since everyone agrees, does this mean that the curve will be harsh? The easier exam might be more of a curse than a blessing.

VR was ok other than the philosophy passage

BS was different but was easy as a whole.

thisisoriginal said:
They should have called it GS for genetics. Kraplan really screwed me by failing to indicate there would be a lot of genetics on recent versions....

Sorry, yeah, i felt the same way last August. I was so pissed, since i payed them to 'prepare' me. But, you'll do better next time if you take it again. Unfortunately, practice tests don't expose people to genetics passages other than the standard 'mutate something, see what happens' sort of deal.

PLEASE do NOT discuss MCAT test questions. It violates AAMC test copywrite laws and could get SDN in LOTS of trouble.

if you MUST discuss questions (and I don't advise it since it just makes you stress out even more when you find out you got one wrong) ... take it to PM or AIM.

If you continue to discuss questions the threads will be deleted or closed.

Thanks.. and good luck on your MCAT !!
Cpw
SDN Super Mod

Physical...I didn't think that the physical was easy...I thought that it was the toughest out of the three...there were a few very tricky questions.

Verbal...time was a concern...long passages, but I didn't think that it was too bad. I think that it was either inline with the other AAMCs or slightly easier. the only real issue was time.

Biological...it is sad that I studied my butt off for this section. It was almost like doing a science based verbal reasoning. Organic is almost getting completely phased out...there were only a few org passages...and they were primarily Biochem based. i was surprised at some of the biochem related questions. the biological was just about all interpretation...barely any "gimme's". I didn't think that it was too bad...but just DIFFERENT than any Biological that I have ever take. If I was going to give advice to a friend on how to take the "new biological section" I would tell him or her to KNOW GENETICS...just know the basics for Organic...and do as many biological passages as possible. I think that over half of the biological section was either genetics or molecular/cellular biology...and over half of the organic was biochem. I am anticipating a nice curve for this section.

peace!!!!