former and current physio students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andie gustafson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
constanzo vs boron?
has anyone read berne levy book? whats ur opinion about these physio books? whats ur best choice?
Is guyton still as good as it used to be?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen a majority and/or read through most of these books (Berne Levy, Guyton, Vanders, and Costanzo).

If you were in a PhD program I would encourage you to read Levy and Guyton.

However, I think the best medical school combination is as follows

Big Constanzo
Little Constanzo
Cases and Problems Constanzo
and Add Guyton ( I like the writing style), to fill in gaps... if Guyton doesnt clear things up go to Berene Levy.

If you get through all the questions in BRS and Cases and Problems, Guyton also has a question book you can buy (for more problems). Hope that was helpful.

I've seen a majority and/or read through most of these books (Berne Levy, Guyton, Vanders, and Costanzo).

If you were in a PhD program I would encourage you to read Levy and Guyton.

However, I think the best medical school combination is as follows

Big Constanzo
Little Constanzo
Cases and Problems Constanzo
and Add Guyton ( I like the writing style), to fill in gaps... if Guyton doesnt clear things up go to Berene Levy.

If you get through all the questions in BRS and Cases and Problems, Guyton also has a question book you can buy (for more problems). Hope that was helpful.

qft

couldn't have said it better myself. Guyton can clear up some of the cardiopulmonary details, as well as a few topics such as hemostasis & thermoregulation/homeostasis that costanzo doesn't cover.

Members don't see this ad :)
Costanzo FOR LIFE.

My roommate and I have been using Guyton, which has been great, especially for cardiovascular. But I saw the BRS phys book today (little Costanzo, I'm gussing), and I like that too; it looks much better for test-prep purposes.

I've used both Guyton and Boron since they complement each other pretty well. Yes, I agree Guyton will come in handy when it comes to cardiovascular physiology. You can also supplement these books with BRS Phys by Constanzo.

I went all old school and stuck to Guyton. Best choice I ever made. But Constanzo is quite good too (BRS is more of a review book so that speaks for itself). You might want to consider picking up a good book 'cause this is one of the pre-clinical subjects that's quite important (apart from Pathology and Pathophysiology).

My roommate and I have been using Guyton, which has been great, especially for cardiovascular. But I saw the BRS phys book today (little Costanzo, I'm gussing), and I like that too; it looks much better for test-prep purposes.

hmmm...I will definitely check that out...In cardiovascular phys block right now as well. It is interesting but not easy