Former Cigna Exec Talks about smear campaigns against Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WisNeuro

Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Especially relevant considering the current pandemic and how utterly terrible our response as a nation has been. Heck, my state has one of the highest testing capacity per capita in the nation and we still can't get same day testing for healthcare workers a lot of the time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Also terrifying to be reminded just how much people at the top can skew a narrative.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder what will happen if SCOTUS completely shuts down the ACA and 20 million people lose health insurance before the election.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't really surprise me. Taking profits out the healthcare system is better for people. It just is not going to happen in this country.

Doesn't really surprise me. Taking profits out the healthcare system is better for people. It just is not going to happen in this country.

Just an example of "if you can't beat em, control the narrative." I am fortunate to have many friends across the border, most in the healthcare industry, so I had actual information rather than believing the lies. Too bad that we place such a low value on human lives in this country.

Reactions: 1 users
Just an example of "if you can't beat em, control the narrative." I am fortunate to have many friends across the border, most in the healthcare industry, so I had actual information rather than believing the lies. Too bad that we place such a low value on human lives in this country.

It is not the that we place a low value on human lives, it is the central problem of our representative democracy. When there is a referendum on a topic, a lot of people hurt a little are poor opposition to a small group that that has a lot to gain. I was dealing with this recently related to a company in my neighborhood that wants to build a new plant. Lots of my neighbors and I showed up and expressed outrage, but no one is willing to organize, get donations, and hire legal opposition to the company that stands to make more money and has hired a lawyer..

It is not the that we place a low value on human lives, it is the central problem of our representative democracy. When there is a referendum on a topic, a lot of people hurt a little are poor opposition to a small group that that has a lot to gain. I was dealing with this recently related to a company in my neighborhood that wants to build a new plant. Lots of my neighbors and I showed up and expressed outrage, but no one is willing to organize, get donations, and hire legal opposition to the company that stands to make more money and has hired a lawyer..

But, we literally do. Look at the current behaviors in the pandemic. People are showing a clear lack of caring on whether or not the virus spreads, when they can engage in extremely easy things that can significantly curtail transmission. This is done at the top levels purely for votes. So, tens of thousands of lives are clearly not worth a governor/senator/rep/etc getting re-elected.

Move to the insurance world, let's take a look at, when we can actually get the data, how much insurance companies are pumping into lobbying and campaigns across the nation.

Reactions: 2 users
People seem to care more about statues than actual people.

Reactions: 1 users
But, we literally do. Look at the current behaviors in the pandemic. People are showing a clear lack of caring on whether or not the virus spreads, when they can engage in extremely easy things that can significantly curtail transmission. This is done at the top levels purely for votes. So, tens of thousands of lives are clearly not worth a governor/senator/rep/etc getting re-elected.

Move to the insurance world, let's take a look at, when we can actually get the data, how much insurance companies are pumping into lobbying and campaigns across the nation.

There is plenty in the news about stupidity, but if you look around most people are wearing masks and following rules. A minority feel the need to run around like idiots and proclaim their "freedom" because that it what 'Mericans do and groupthink is dangerous. It is more that the ultra-rich and powerful don't want to lose their fortunes and are willing to sacrifice a few peasants to keep the money train flowing. So, they change the messaging. Add to that that there is no infrastructure to help the many that are struggling and you get a mess.

There is plenty in the news about stupidity, but if you look around most people are wearing masks and following rules. A minority feel the need to run around like idiots and proclaim their "freedom" because that it what 'Mericans do and groupthink is dangerous. It is more that the ultra-rich and powerful don't want to lose their fortunes and are willing to sacrifice a few peasants to keep the money train flowing. So, they change the messaging. Add to that that there is no infrastructure to help the many that are struggling and you get a mess.
Not sure where you live, but here, at a hotspot of the pandemic, most people are not wearing masks.

It really does baffle me the amount of people who don't/won't wear masks here :( I went grocery shopping the other day, and people look at you weird when you DO wear a mask. Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Can we really call Texas the U.S.? It is its own special place.

It appears that were our own special island of... inconsiderate jerks? Is that the right phrase? Lol

Reactions: 4 users
It appears that were our own special island of... inconsiderate jerks? Is that the right phrase? Lol
I don't know about that. I have a relative a few states to the east of you who, being one of only a few wearing masks at the grocery store, was asked "did Hillary make that for you?" Charming.

Be safe down there.

• Okay...
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users