• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Former Cigna Exec Talks about smear campaigns against Canada

WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
  1. Psychologist
Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
  1. Psychologist
Doesn't really surprise me. Taking profits out the healthcare system is better for people. It just is not going to happen in this country.

Just an example of "if you can't beat em, control the narrative." I am fortunate to have many friends across the border, most in the healthcare industry, so I had actual information rather than believing the lies. Too bad that we place such a low value on human lives in this country.

Reactions: 1 users

Sanman

O.G.
Sep 2, 2000
Dreaming of Margaritaville
  1. Psychologist
Just an example of "if you can't beat em, control the narrative." I am fortunate to have many friends across the border, most in the healthcare industry, so I had actual information rather than believing the lies. Too bad that we place such a low value on human lives in this country.

It is not the that we place a low value on human lives, it is the central problem of our representative democracy. When there is a referendum on a topic, a lot of people hurt a little are poor opposition to a small group that that has a lot to gain. I was dealing with this recently related to a company in my neighborhood that wants to build a new plant. Lots of my neighbors and I showed up and expressed outrage, but no one is willing to organize, get donations, and hire legal opposition to the company that stands to make more money and has hired a lawyer..

Reactions: 1 user

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
  1. Psychologist
It is not the that we place a low value on human lives, it is the central problem of our representative democracy. When there is a referendum on a topic, a lot of people hurt a little are poor opposition to a small group that that has a lot to gain. I was dealing with this recently related to a company in my neighborhood that wants to build a new plant. Lots of my neighbors and I showed up and expressed outrage, but no one is willing to organize, get donations, and hire legal opposition to the company that stands to make more money and has hired a lawyer..

But, we literally do. Look at the current behaviors in the pandemic. People are showing a clear lack of caring on whether or not the virus spreads, when they can engage in extremely easy things that can significantly curtail transmission. This is done at the top levels purely for votes. So, tens of thousands of lives are clearly not worth a governor/senator/rep/etc getting re-elected.

Move to the insurance world, let's take a look at, when we can actually get the data, how much insurance companies are pumping into lobbying and campaigns across the nation.

Reactions: 2 users

Sanman

O.G.
Sep 2, 2000
Dreaming of Margaritaville
  1. Psychologist
But, we literally do. Look at the current behaviors in the pandemic. People are showing a clear lack of caring on whether or not the virus spreads, when they can engage in extremely easy things that can significantly curtail transmission. This is done at the top levels purely for votes. So, tens of thousands of lives are clearly not worth a governor/senator/rep/etc getting re-elected.

Move to the insurance world, let's take a look at, when we can actually get the data, how much insurance companies are pumping into lobbying and campaigns across the nation.

There is plenty in the news about stupidity, but if you look around most people are wearing masks and following rules. A minority feel the need to run around like idiots and proclaim their "freedom" because that it what 'Mericans do and groupthink is dangerous. It is more that the ultra-rich and powerful don't want to lose their fortunes and are willing to sacrifice a few peasants to keep the money train flowing. So, they change the messaging. Add to that that there is no infrastructure to help the many that are struggling and you get a mess.

thebalmofhurtminds

Nov 18, 2019
  1. Psychologist
There is plenty in the news about stupidity, but if you look around most people are wearing masks and following rules. A minority feel the need to run around like idiots and proclaim their "freedom" because that it what 'Mericans do and groupthink is dangerous. It is more that the ultra-rich and powerful don't want to lose their fortunes and are willing to sacrifice a few peasants to keep the money train flowing. So, they change the messaging. Add to that that there is no infrastructure to help the many that are struggling and you get a mess.
Not sure where you live, but here, at a hotspot of the pandemic, most people are not wearing masks.

Reactions: 1 user

bookwormpsych

Feb 11, 2020
  1. Psychology Student

It really does baffle me the amount of people who don't/won't wear masks here :( I went grocery shopping the other day, and people look at you weird when you DO wear a mask. Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Can we really call Texas the U.S.? It is its own special place.

It appears that were our own special island of... inconsiderate jerks? Is that the right phrase? Lol

Reactions: 4 users

ClinicalABA

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
  1. Psychologist
It appears that were our own special island of... inconsiderate jerks? Is that the right phrase? Lol
I don't know about that. I have a relative a few states to the east of you who, being one of only a few wearing masks at the grocery store, was asked "did Hillary make that for you?" Charming.

Be safe down there.

• Okay...
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.