Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Former Employee/Current Applicant: Does it help or hurt my app?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by db4277, 09.25.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. db4277

db4277 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    During undergrad I scored a really sweet gig as a standardized patient at what is now my school of choice. I worked as an SP for two years, a cadaver lab monitor for one. I had to quit when I moved out of state, but I've been back for a couple years now working elsewhere. I never met anyone involved with admissions (that I know of) while I was working. I'm pretty sure I was a good employee, and I feel like I had a good relationship with everyone I worked with.

Despite my early submission of my secondary (mid July), I have yet to hear back from said school. I feel like I am a strong applicant: sgpa 3.38, cgpa 3.45, MCAT (10, 11, 10). Is there any chance my history with the school reflects negatively on my application?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Awesome Sauceome

Awesome Sauceome SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Absolutely not, the whole thing is a crap shoot and is completely random. But there is no way that your time working there would be viewed negatively.

About the ads