Fort Lewis

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by 179466, May 7, 2008.

1. 179466

Resident [Any Field]

#1 179466, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bustbones26

bustbones26 Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Dupont is the closest to fort lewis and MAMC that you could possibly get. If you can find something to rent in that area for a reasonable cost, that would be great.

Steilacoom is not bad either, but if you desire avoiding traffic at all cost, Dupont is it

Other reasonable options include Lacey and parts of olympia. For some reason, once you get past the Fort Lewis/MAMC "exit ramp" traffic on I-5, the flow going south is a lot better than that going north.

Tacoma, well I suppose it depends on which part of Tacoma you are looking to live. Some nice areas, some bad areas.

If I could do it all over again (keeping in mind my residency is four years). I would have considered Dupont for convienance or Lacey/Olympia for a nice neighborhood that I'd like to live in.

4. backrow

backrow 60% of the time it works everytime
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Dupont has an awesome pizzaria there and is pretty nice so I'd vote for Dupont. I think the little Town Center area there wins it for me, especially if only there for a year.