Fort Lewis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've really procrastinated in the living arrangement sweepstakes.

I'd like to know about DuPont, Steilacoom, Tacoma.

Where's a good place for a single guy to live for a year?

Anybody who knows the area chime in and give me your .02.

I'll probably only be there for a year so a house isn't really an option.

thanks.

GB

Dupont is the closest to fort lewis and MAMC that you could possibly get. If you can find something to rent in that area for a reasonable cost, that would be great.

Steilacoom is not bad either, but if you desire avoiding traffic at all cost, Dupont is it

Other reasonable options include Lacey and parts of olympia. For some reason, once you get past the Fort Lewis/MAMC "exit ramp" traffic on I-5, the flow going south is a lot better than that going north.

Tacoma, well I suppose it depends on which part of Tacoma you are looking to live. Some nice areas, some bad areas.

If I could do it all over again (keeping in mind my residency is four years). I would have considered Dupont for convienance or Lacey/Olympia for a nice neighborhood that I'd like to live in.

Dupont has an awesome pizzaria there and is pretty nice so I'd vote for Dupont. I think the little Town Center area there wins it for me, especially if only there for a year.