Found Minor Error in AMCAS After Submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrimsonChin16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post. Just submitted my application and found an error and I wanted to see if you guys thought it would matter. On the "Schools" page, I accidentally clicked "Yes, previously applied" to one of my many med schools, but none of the others, even though I am a first-timer. Will this be an issue with AMCAS? I am going to contact the school to fix it but I was hoping this wouldn't cause any issues with my application process as a whole. Sorry if this has previously been posted, just paranoid that I messed something up after all the time spent working on it and editing it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

All AMCAS is doing is verifying the courses you put with your transcripts. This will not affect the processing of your application.

All AMCAS is doing is verifying the courses you put with your transcripts. This will not affect the processing of your application.
Okay thanks. Would other schools be able to see this and view me as a reapplicant? Sorry for the paranoia.

Members don't see this ad :)
fahgettaboudit

whats done is done. its only one school and they probably won't care.

You can try and call AMCAS and see if they can change it, the worst they can say is no. Good luck!

Try calling AMCAS and see what they say, and if they can't help you, call the individual school and ask what to do.

You'll probably have to wait until after you submit your secondary for that school. AMCAS is very strict when it comes to modifying the AMCAS after submission. I don't know if it's pure laziness or what, but they refuse to make any changes aside from personal information.

Just call the clerk and have her make a notation on your file that you're a first-time applicant. You can probably ask for her input first though.