1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

found my weak spots.. now what to do?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by olemissbabydoc, Mar 4, 2007.

1. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Overall, my worst issue is organic chem.. followed by electro-physics & light and sound..

What to do next? any ideas on how to tackle these issues (any simple answers for any of the "big topics")??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Funky

Funky This space is for sale
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This is a pretty difficult question to answer. If you are having trouble with all of organic chem i suggest you have to learn all the reactions and isomers and anything that they can throw at you. I believe O chem is all about recognizing reactions and isomers and reading NMR/IR.

With electro-physics & light and sound, understand the concepts and be able to answer questions based on those topics. Sound is not too bad because they can only ask you doppler effect and decibel levels.

4. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks DocFunk :)

5. Funky

Funky This space is for sale
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i actually got pretty good at electro-chem and light and sound. They didn't put one passage on either! :mad:
    There's not that much orgo anymore on the exam (knock on wood)

just shows it's all about the luck of the draw

6. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Repetition is key. I went over my weak points multiple times until it stuck.

7. DocSuperstar

Pre-Medical
    Trust me when I say that I can relate. I hated organic chemistry, but I am doing great on all the OChem problems on the practice tests. The MCAT OChem is a stupified version of the horror I had to endure in college. Just know your basics really well and you'll be fine. Also, a lot of people find the OChem passages as the quickest to go through. So it might actually give you some extra time on the bio section! Good luck!